Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security Jobs at Diablo Canyon
honeypot

Author Topic: Security Jobs at Diablo Canyon  (Read 19081 times)

MCRules

Security Jobs at Diablo Canyon
« on: Jul 13, 2010, 03:39 »
I am active duty military, but will be retiring in the next year.  I am interested in doing something in Security at Diablo, but have not been able to find contact info for hiring.  I am assuming they are contracted out.  Can anyone give me any info on who to contact?

Thanks,
David

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

MCRules

Re: Security Jobs at Diablo Canyon
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2010, 04:53 »
The graphics user friendly version;

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,24670.msg125864.html#msg125864

I saw that thread last night, but it seemed like it was focusing on companies out East.  Does The Whitestone Group have the contract for Diablo?

Thank you,
David

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2010, 04:57 »
Nope, Diablo security is in-house. Going straight from EAOS to in-house security is technically possible, much like winning the lotto. The cost of living in the area vs. new hire as security is unfavorable.

MCRules

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2010, 05:21 »
Nope, Diablo security is in-house. Going straight from EAOS to in-house security is technically possible, much like winning the lotto. The cost of living in the area vs. new hire as security is unfavorable.

Ok, I am not up with all the acronyms.  What is EAOS?  Right now I am currently stationed at a base about 45 mins from Diablo.  We are wanting to stay in the area and trying to feel out my options.  I have 24 years experience doing security work for the AF, and currently have a high level clearance. 

Offline wannabeNSO

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2010, 08:58 »
Good luck with your search.  

Currently, I don't think Diablo Canyon (PG&E) or SONGs (Edison) is hiring for security right now though if you can find a contact number for their HR department, I am sure you would get a more definitive answer.  I believe the White Stone Group is out of Ohio if I read correctly.  I am not certain on their reputation either.  Their website is: http://www.whitestonegroup.us/index.htm

I am not fond of the idea of moving across the country for a job, however if I had to choose the east coast, PA is at the top of my list for relocation.  Especially since Exelon is supposed to be one of if not the biggest companies.  (They recently canned Wackenhut and implemented their own security team.)

I am shooting for something on the West Coast to Mid West, however San Luis Obispo is really expensive for a new hire's budget without dual income, but from reading the forums it seems to be one of the best places to work in this field due to management treating their employees great.  SONGs to me would be a little more affordable but I would most likely have a 45 minute drive to and from work if I moved to San Diego County (hour and a half from where I am now).

Here is the website for PG&E: http://www.pge.com/

In the last couple months PG&E had 1 spot for something called Temporary Zebra Security Officer... I'm guessing that is what they called their Nuclear Security Officers.

I am still on the search for positions and researching what I can.  The security jobs are very mysterious and not a lot of information is shared on google.  To me, this is the best place to look for and find information on jobs in the industry.  I have been lurking around trying to learn all I can.

The reason for me wanting to stick with a company with their own security team is job security.

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010, 09:02 by wannabeNSO »

roflcopter

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2010, 07:01 »
Do you have any information in contacting their HR? I'm very interested in getting a security job at Diablo even if it's a flashlight job. I'm having trouble finding any information about applying for a position. Any help would be much appreciated.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?