Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Propane allowed thru gates? honeypot

Author Topic: Propane allowed thru gates?  (Read 8645 times)

JassenB

Propane allowed thru gates?
« on: Jul 19, 2004, 07:02 »
Quick question: Is it permissible to transport propane tanks/bottles for my camp stove through the gates at a commercial power plant, or do I need to ditch that stuff at a camp site for the duration of an outage?

Thanks!
-Jassen
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2004, 08:28 by JassenB »

Crazy Cooter

Re: Propane allowed thru gates?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2004, 03:14 »
I don't know for sure, but I would guess you shouldn't bring it in.  I know that for underground construction propane is a definate no-no because of the explosion possibility.

Weasel

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2005, 10:25 »
I'm not sure what facility you work for, but where I work it's not a problem unless it is withing a certain distance from nuclear waste. I beleive the minimum distance we have is 33 feet away from combustibles (wood, paper, plastic)  We have gas BBQ grills that we are allowed to use, and they are personal property. I guess it just depends on the facility.

radgal

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2005, 11:55 »
JassenB,
Do you mean inside the gates in the parking lot, left in your car? I would guess if left in your car you might be alright.   Call security of the plant and ask them their policy.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2005, 12:33 »
when in doubt, axe!  not us, security!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NaehringJ

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 05:11 »
if its catawba then yes you are allowed

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2006, 12:55 »
Most of the plants out there will even let you bring your camper on site...

Melrose

« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2006, 02:33 »
Don't listen to any of us...... you'll get as many different answers as there are stars in sky.

The plant that you work can give you the only sure/correct answer.  ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?