Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Passed For Fossil??? How close am I ?

Author Topic: Passed For Fossil??? How close am I ?  (Read 3391 times)

lanewsome

Passed For Fossil??? How close am I ?
« on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:05 »
My first post here, but I am a Material Analysis at a Nuclear power plant.  I took the POSS MASS test and at first, they sent back to me that I had passed on all three areas for Operator, I/C and maint.  I then received my letter in the mail and it said operator for fossil.  SO long and short, I called HR and I passed everything for fossil and MASS Maintenance for Nuclear.  No one at Nuclear knew there was a different level of scoring.  Does anyone know....how close am I here?  I am OK for anything in Fossil but only maintenance for my plant.   I will take it again and bought the recommended book you folks suggest, but I am just curious if anyone knows "truly" how well did I do.  When yo never know what you did do well on or not, its hard to improve.

My plant is the only Nuclear in our fleet.  We have several fossil plants but we have a ESP to possibly build more Nuclear and I want to put myslef in place for that.  Its very frustrating, I have a BS degree and cant get through a 2 1/2 hour test.........but I dont know how far Fossil scores are from Nuclear
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010, 07:30 by lanewsome »

Offline spentfuel

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Passed For Fossil??? How close am I ?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2010, 02:02 »
I can only offer this

It sounds as you have a good mechanical aptitude but perhaps are lacking in math or reasoning

I have know utilities that have taken NLO candidates that could not pass initial operator training and offered them positions in fossil if available.

doubt that helps much but perhaps if you explain where you think your weakness is then someone else can try to answer you

sf

499tarheel

Re: Passed For Fossil??? How close am I ?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2010, 04:49 »
You're possibly in the ballpark. A few years back I took a few coal POSS exams. They varied widely. Some we're pretty tough (Luminant, I think) and some were ridiculously easy. None were as tough as the nuke POSS tests though.

Work is the only thing that'll get you there, and that means lots of practice tests, but at least you've got you're foot in the door so you know what you need to work on.

Good Luck to you.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?