Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NEED RCT CORE FORMULA SHEET! honeypot

Author Topic: NEED RCT CORE FORMULA SHEET!  (Read 13027 times)

samkuczynski

NEED RCT CORE FORMULA SHEET!
« on: Jul 21, 2010, 09:02 »
Does anyone have or know where to get the formula sheet that they give you for the core exam?  I know they give you the sheet when you take the exam, however, if anyone knows where to get one it would be most helpful.

Thank you

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: NEED RCT CORE FORMULA SHEET!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:24 »
The last time I took the Core Test they didn't use the formula sheet. The formula was included in the question. All of the formulas that you need are in the study guide and you could just write them down on a sheet for practice. Good Luck

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:10 »
Does anyone have or know where to get the formula sheet that they give you for the core exam?  I know they give you the sheet when you take the exam, however, if anyone knows where to get one it would be most helpful.

Thank you
Do you know who you'll be working for when you get to the DOE site?  Bartlett's site coordinator sent me the formula sheet a few weeks before I was to report on site.  I'm sure whatever company is submitting your resume would only be too happy to send one to you.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2010, 01:26 »

Thank you

There is more than one metric butt-ton of DOE Core study here on Nukeworker, just checked it this morning:

http://www.nukeworker.com/study/hp/rct/index.shtml

Any formula needed is in those study guides.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2010, 01:30 »
Not everyone has submitted their resume with a body shop but want the cheat sheet to prep "just in case."

If you have it, post it so others can benefit.
I have it somewhere in my personal email.  I'm at work and can't access it here.  I'll only be too happy to do so when I get home.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Jul 22, 2010, 01:36 »
Not everyone has submitted their resume with a body shop but want the cheat sheet to prep "just in case."

If you have it, post it so others can benefit.

To Attach it to this thread: Click that "Reply" link, then "Additional Options" link, and share it with the rest of us.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2010, 08:51 »
Thanks Mike, hope this works.

[attachment deleted by admin]
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

chamberd

« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:26 »
THIS SITE KICKS a$$!  ANOTHER STUDY GUIDE!  excuse the yellin.... I'm just glad to keep running across new (to me) study aides. ;D +K

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2011, 10:23 »

Thank you

Why stop with the formulas, go ahead and give them the answers to the questions. Why not just post every contact and phone number you have while you're at it? Nothing like telling someone who has posted one time on this site how to get work in this field.

pertle2

« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2011, 02:10 »
When people on here become gate keepers, are you afraid of competition? If your a super Tech then your safe if not move over. Grow up 8)

duke99301

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2011, 11:57 »
Rad techs. Say No more. 1990 recall it. anyways if I had free answers I give them to you I am sorry. one tech should help another it called do not set your co worker for failure.
I recall a day at turkey point when a few people did not pass the 1st test the bosss set us all down got everyone to recall what they new from the other tests and we helped the others pass. I once tried to go back to being a radcon tech but to me it is to many hoops to jump through for the pay and the BS .
what some of these  people are looking for is how to use the math with an answer so they can do it with out geussing. As one tech doing recall testing he told after four weeks he was the smartest guy at the stie but a week later oh will. for those of you who are not navy nukes good look. Find a friend who will help with this.  take the pratice tests here and you should do ok.

Chimera

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2011, 08:54 »
Not trying to set anyone up for failure.  He'll learn more if he develops his own formula sheet.  The formulas will actually mean something instead of being just a bunch of blanks to fill in and chug through his calculator.

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2011, 06:01 »
So will most or all of the sites allow the use of a calculator then?
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline 105KW

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: Jul 21, 2011, 12:17 »
So will most or all of the sites allow the use of a calculator then?

The DOE sites that I have been at all have.  Some don't want you to use YOUR calculator and None would let you  use a programmable.  :P

105KW

Offline Duke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:14 »
DOE Core study guide has formula sheets included somewhere near the front of the book - all I have ever been allowed to us but pretty much all I ever needed also. By the way, I have taken these tests approximately 20 times in last 20 years at various sites.
Good luck to you on the test, not all that hard. I am actually going to protor one next week for three techs I am working with that are due.
Duke

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?