Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Seeking advice... Chemistry Tech or NDT?  

Author Topic: Seeking advice... Chemistry Tech or NDT?  (Read 3031 times)

newcomwer73

Seeking advice... Chemistry Tech or NDT?
« on: Jul 25, 2010, 08:05 »
Greetings

I am in need of advice from anyone currently employed as a Chem Tech or NDT. Or anyone that can offer credible knowledge on the subject.

I am graduate student(Master's) at UNC. My discipline is Applied Science. Also, I have a bachelors degree in chemistry. In addition, I have nearly ten years of professional work experience. However, I seek employment in the nuclear industry. A field of which, I have little to no experience. I am a dedicated worker and enjoy working long hours. Although I would like to work as a Chem Tech, I see more job announcements for NDTs. Thus, my questions are as follows:

1) If I apply to a position as a NDTs, what role if any, does my education play in placement(i.e. level I or II)? 

2) What is the average salary, INCLUDING overtime one can expect at a NDT Level I or II? (Indeed, I realize that someone in LA may get payed more than someone in Kansas City. I just want a general idea.)

3) Of all the NDT programs, would she/he recommend (given my background) that I pursue training as a UT w/TOFD or a RT?

4) Are all techs (RT, UT, LT etc) paid similar wages?

5) And most importantly, will I have a reasonable amount of "away time" to share with my kids?

Thank you in advance for your participation and patience. It is truly appreciated. Have a great day.

Respectfully
Wet-Behind-The-Ears

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?