Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu FFD Testing "Spice"  

Author Topic: FFD Testing "Spice"  (Read 25544 times)

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
  • Game Back On, Hockey Rules
FFD Testing "Spice"
« on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:46 »
Hi All,
    Does anyone know when testing for marijuana is it only THC that the test is looking for or is there other chemicals in it they test for?
I recently heard about something called "spice" that gives the same effects as marijuana but it is from a synthetic strain that has properties of cannibas but not the THC.
I do not smoke and do not plan to smoke this stuff either but I have heard the impression form others that this would be ok since it isn't THC related.
I personnally would not take the chance at my job but just wondering if anyone has heard of this stuff and if it would come up in a urinalysis.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: FFD Testing "Spice"
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2010, 12:55 »
1. You protested too vigorously that you have never, and would never...
2. If you "do not smoke and do not plan to smoke this stuff either" then you wouldn't have asked.

If you don't plan to ever take it, when why does it matter?

IPREGEN

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:24 »
You have to give that "spice" a value on your wallet. Is it worth your annual pay?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:25 »
Hi All,
    Does anyone know when testing for marijuana is it only THC that the test is looking for or is there other chemicals in it they test for?
I recently heard about something called "spice" that gives the same effects as marijuana but it is from a synthetic strain that has properties of cannibas but not the THC.
I do not smoke and do not plan to smoke this stuff either but I have heard the impression form others that this would be ok since it isn't THC related.
I personnally would not take the chance at my job but just wondering if anyone has heard of this stuff and if it would come up in a urinalysis.

Why don't you give it a try and let us all know.... ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline walstib

• Moderate User
  • I hate Monday's
« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:42 »
Although it is legal in the U.S. (at this point in time), that does not necessarily mean it is legal under the FFD guidelines.  You need to check with your medical review officer or site NRC representative to find that out.  It appears from what little I read when I goggled it, is that they don't know just yet how bad it can affect your body, but it's probably worse than the THC in cannabis.  The FDA has it listed right now as a drug of concern.  

If people you know are trying to circumvent the rules by using something synthetic they should just get in a line of work that doesn't have a FFD program.  I know it's not worth my livelihood to play around with.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010, 02:45 by walstib »
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail -Emerson
If you are going through hell, keep going
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - H S Thompson

Offline jusplyn

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:46 »
If you guys are anything like the old techs i used to work with, i used to hear stories of them doing a line and then going to monitor stuff out of a zone. dont give the guy such a hard time. maybe he just doesn't want to work around people that may be using it.

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:54 »
For informational purposes, I have been in the business 20+ years and have no intention of taking a chance on something like this whether you believe that or not it does not matter to me. Since I encourage this business to friends and family. I know someone that is interested in getting in the business and I have told them that I would not take a chance on this and they should not either. I have no way of controlling someone else's behavior. I can only give advice and whether they take it or not is up to them. I would hate to have someone I encouraged to get in the business and there first day is there last.
I was looking for the possibility that someone could answer my question about the test of other chemicals besides THC so I could educate them even futher. Young people do not always make the best decisions for the more information I have the better.
Thanks for jumping to conclusions.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2010, 03:00 »

That is what some people do best around here.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2010, 03:06 »

We gave you the best answer based on the information you shared.  The more you share, the better the answer gets.

Since I encourage this business to friends and family. I know someone that is interested in getting in the business and I have told them that I would not take a chance on this and they should not either. I have no way of controlling someone else's behavior. I can only give advice and whether they take it or not is up to them. I would hate to have someone I encouraged to get in the business and there first day is there last.

Seems simple to me.  Instead of 'them' trying to circumvent the rules and think they are 'smarter' than the rules.  They should just try following the rules.  That's what the nuclear industry wants.  It doesn't want risk takers.  I have acquaintances like the friends and family you speak of.  I don't suggest to them to get into the nuclear business, it's not for them.  I don't have a problem with their life style, but I'm also not going to set them up for failure.  Just passing a drug test isn't enough for these people to succeed.  It's a mental disposition to challenge the rules and push the limits that will get them in deep trouble.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010, 03:14 by Rennhack »

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2010, 03:12 »
Sorry but I have to disagree with that.
This is the question
The rest was concluded that I want to get away with something.
You are correct if I give more information about the situation then maybe I would not get responses like that.

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2010, 06:35 »
Thanks for the replies, I have contacted the In-processing FFD group and am awaiting an answer. I will gladly share any information that I get and the results of my "Random" drug test that I am sure to get.

Offline Adam Grundleger

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2010, 08:14 »
IIRC, standard testing is only for THC metabolites.  I don't know of any other widely used test.

That said, they test for darn near everything else on FFD.  I understand that your OP is a basic RFI, but also agree with previous posts that it's best not to try to circumvent the system. 

Your "friends and family" need to choose between this career and the types of behavior not welcome in this career.

co60slr

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2010, 09:07 »
Thanks for the replies, I have contacted the In-processing FFD group and am awaiting an answer. I will gladly share any information that I get and the results of my "Random" drug test that I am sure to get.
"Spice" contains HU-210, which is a Type I Controlled Substance.
Reference:  http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugs_concern/spice/spice_hu210.htm

Q:  Does FFD test for this particular Controlled Substance?
A:  I don't know, but does it matter?  I'd stick to a beer after work and call it a day.  ;)

Co60 

Offline hollywoodparke

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2010, 03:30 »
Just in case anyone is interested.
FFD dept said they do not test for "Spice" and refered me to the procedure. Our procedures define Illegal Drugs as:
Illegal Drugs -Any drug that is included in Schedules I to V of section 202 of the Controlled
Substances Act [21 U.S.C. 812], but not when used pursuant to a valid prescription or
when used as otherwise authorized by law.
One on the chemicals in "spice" is categorized as a tetrahydrocannabinol and per Schedule 1, section c, (17) Tetrahydrocannabinols are listed in the above code..
So they may not specifically test for that chemical but it is illegal.
Thanks for the info that was provided.
Also would I go through contacting my FFD and asking about this if I was smoking it?
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010, 03:33 by hollywoodparke »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2010, 03:55 »
Also would I go through contacting my FFD and asking about this if I was smoking it?

Some of the biggest users on my ship were smooth sea-lawyers when it came to what the tests couldn't find, how to "clear", chain-of-custody commandoes, the whole 9 yards. So, a rhetorical question as to what they do and don't presently test for.....sure, it's possible. Usually the users get a few years headstart on the latest designer drug not on the tests, but 10 CFR 26 usually wins out in the long run.

Dude, you're gettin' a CellTM
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010, 04:53 by HydroDave63 »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2010, 05:35 »
At ease fellas,....

At least some of the heat is meant to deter others from using and 'curb their enthusiasm'  

Likewise, I +K'd the poster for enduring the flak. Sometimes I just like pulling the starter tab through on another belt of 100 rounds ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010, 05:37 by HydroDave63 »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #16 on: Jul 27, 2010, 05:51 »
Sounds like somebody who wants to smoke it.

I have know Hollywood for 15+ years...no, he isn't.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2010, 06:40 »
I gave him karma too.

co60slr

« Reply #18 on: Jul 28, 2010, 08:34 »
Ya know, it took me too long to realize that emoticons can help out a lot,...
I thought that was a patented "Marissm Signature" line though.  Are we allowed to use it? 

:) :) :) ;) :o 8) :P 8)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #19 on: Jul 28, 2010, 09:21 »
I thought that was a patented "Marissm Signature" line though.  Are we allowed to use it? 

:) :) :) ;) :o 8) :P 8)

What people may not realize, is that if one assigns an alphanumeric value to each different type of smiley, Marssim's signoff is actually a coded message.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #20 on: Jul 28, 2010, 10:56 »
On-topic: Did someone forget their EffexorTM this morning?

stownsend

« Reply #21 on: Jul 28, 2010, 01:32 »
What people may not realize, is that if one assigns an alphanumeric value to each different type of smiley, Marssim's signoff is actually a coded message.
If you take the coded message and play it backwards it has a satonic voice that says "DW" is my idol.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #22 on: Jul 28, 2010, 01:42 »
I know hollywood too.  I really don't think he would do what some are implying here.  This thread is a prime example why I hold back from posting or answering questions sometimes.  What is wrong with people?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #23 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:38 »
I know hollywood too.  I really don't think he would do what some are implying here.  This thread is a prime example why I hold back from posting or answering questions sometimes.  What is wrong with people?

You may be  [DH] , not much will change in the habits of many of our posters. I think maybe a  [GH] is in order, it would be better than  [BH] so just go with it  [hypno] .

<3 the new emoticons so I  [salute] Mr Rennhack and will  [stop] for now and go back to my  [coffee] .

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #24 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:10 »
You may be  [DH] , not much will change in the habits of many of our posters. I think maybe a  [GH] is in order, it would be better than  [BH] so just go with it  [hypno] .

<3 the new emoticons so I  [salute] Mr Rennhack and will  [stop] for now and go back to my  [coffee] .

Somehow, I knew that someone would do that... and I suspected it would be you.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?