Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu My personal situation and the Navy Nuke program honeypot

Author Topic: My personal situation and the Navy Nuke program  (Read 21649 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: My personal situation and the Navy Nuke program
« Reply #25 on: Aug 05, 2010, 06:52 »
Not even during the Francisco Franco era? ;)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #26 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:27 »
I weep for Gamecock and all sailors exposed to that cesspool of human putrefaction.

Early application of gamma globulin injections and the 6 week course of the giant purple pill for malaria usually protect against the milder hazards  ::)

IPREGEN

« Reply #27 on: Aug 05, 2010, 10:29 »

1. I want to continue music, but I know that the Nuke program is extremely time-demanding. I also know that the needs of the Navy take priority over personal interests. I just wanted to know if I would possibly have an hour or two a day(or even week) to practice while Im in school and on a ship.

2. I have spoken to ex-Navy personnell who were also musicians and they told me that they were able to perform on ports. Does anyone know if that's still possible or acceptable as a nuke?

3. Ive searched for the policy for stayin onboard for a ship, but all I know is that sailors sometimes have on-board duty at a port, where they must stay on the carrier. Is it possible to volunteer?

4. I'm from California, and after my service I hope to find a job at the San Onofri power plant. I had been told that the pay was over $100,000, but I read in another post that it could be as low as $40,000. Does anybody know the average pay at that particular plant

7. Im sort of a nerd-jock hybrid. I need to work out. Are there weight-lifting facilities at NNPS?

You get what you want as long as the Navy wants that.
 I asked for a carrier on the east coast and got a cruiser on the west

your questions
1. Once you get to your ship/sub, you will be able to figure out where you can store your instrument. Don't bring it until that happens.
2. Our ship was more than happy to send musician volunteers to orphanages and hospitals. It's great PR. If you want a paying gig, get an agent.
3. When the ship pulls in liberty call is usually announced for everybody except engineering (nuke) That will come later in a smaller chunk than the radar guy that turns off his toys and goes ashore.
4. You will only make $40 k as a house tech if you get fired partway through the year.
5. If you get into nuke school it will be up to you to pass, some people give up, honest effort is all it takes.
6. You can work out almost anywhere, it won't be a bally's fitness center. Navy bases have gyms with a variety of vintage equipment. On the ship we had a seal corpsman giving workout routines that will drop most people

BlackMatter

« Reply #28 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:50 »

2. Our ship was more than happy to send musician volunteers to orphanages and hospitals. It's great PR. If you want a paying gig, get an agent.

Uh, are you serious about getting an agent, or was that facecious????

Frogman164

« Reply #29 on: Aug 26, 2010, 08:01 »
He was being sarcastic  ;) I study music too but it's going to be near impossible to fit a full sized AGO spec Pipe organ on a submarine.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?