Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Study guides honeypot

Author Topic: Study guides  (Read 11975 times)

mostlyharmless

Study guides
« on: Aug 02, 2010, 04:37 »
Today I came across a copy of a hand written study guide by a guy named Royce Long. It was one of the first things I studied in my journey of nuclear excellance. Does anyone know Roy? I loved that guide, the way it was written made it easy to learn the math. This was about twenty years ago. Roy if you're out there, thank you.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Study guides
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2010, 04:52 »
Scan and attach, so we can all enjoy it.

Offline RADSLINGER

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2011, 11:58 »
I believe I have the same study guide, written in the 80s ,it was hand written and referenced Turkey Point in one section. It explained shielding,6CEN,MPC calculations, decay formula and Teff. Good refresher and breaks down formulas to their basics.
Good for any Jr getting ready for the NEU.   

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2011, 12:18 »
I believe I have the same study guide, written in the 80s ,it was hand written and referenced Turkey Point in one section. It explained shielding,6CEN,MPC calculations, decay formula and Teff. Good refresher and breaks down formulas to their basics.
Good for any Jr getting ready for the NEU.   

Can you scan and post it so all the site members can see and use it?
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2011, 05:30 »
That sounds like a reasonable request.  But, there is a significant amount of study material available already here at NW.  So why bother scanning and posting all those pages unless that particular study guide has some unique information or approach to help prepare the novice for a career in radiation protection (at either at commercial or DOE site)?

One can never have too many study guides or info sheets.................
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline Hoser

• Not just another..
  • Light User
  • CNS ROCKS !
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2011, 04:37 »
Does the NRRPT study guide CD offered by the site work with Win. 7 , MAC OS-X or is it just Win XP.. the information is a little lacking on what it takes to run..
Thanx..

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2011, 09:26 »
Does the NRRPT study guide CD offered by the site work with Win. 7 , MAC OS-X or is it just Win XP.. the information is a little lacking on what it takes to run..
Thanx..

I believe you are mixing terms/products.

Our Study Guide CD is for the DOE CORE and the NEU study guides.  That material is in PDF form, and is also available online for free.

The NRRPT Practice Test CD does not have a 'Study Guide' on it. -- This is the disk I think you are talking about.

The software was designed for win 98.  Some people have no problems running it on Win 7, as win 7 has "Compatibility Mode", and Run as Administrator options. -- You have to use those options. -- If you are familiar with doing that with other older programs, you should have no problems.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2011, 01:15 by Rennhack »

Offline air23dan

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2012, 10:57 »
I know the site specific test are a little different, but the basic information should still be the same.   we have the core question and test bank here on nukeworker, is there a question test bank for part 2 ......modules 2.01 - to - 2.15?

thanks

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2012, 11:55 »
I know the site specific test are a little different, but the basic information should still be the same.   we have the core question and test bank here on nukeworker, is there a question test bank for part 2 ......modules 2.01 - to - 2.15?

We have study guides for 2.01 through 2.19 (all of them) here:

http://www.nukeworker.com/study/hp/rct/index.shtml

No question bank.  But if you make one, we would be happy to add it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?