Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Security job in NH honeypot

Author Topic: Security job in NH  (Read 4714 times)

bababooey

Security job in NH
« on: Aug 14, 2010, 07:24 »
Hi.  I just attended a jobs open house for Seabrook NH security guard positions.  I made it past the initial reading and math exams and was called back for a second interview.  Sadly, I was not called back after that.  

I thought the second interview went well.  I am currently in law enforcement, prior military, college graduate, courses in small arms and anti-terrorism, and a strong work background.  

I hope to apply again should there be another hiring.  The question is, what can I do to improve my chances the next time around?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2010, 07:24 by bababooey »

bababooey

Re: Security job in NH
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2010, 09:24 »
Some of the questions I remember were:

What would you do if a member of your team showed up drunk to work?

Do you have any problems with working holidays?

What do you think will be your duties as a security officer?

If you saw two employees fighting, how would you handle the situation?

Would I have an issue using deadly force?

What is your best/worst quality?

Do you have reliable transportation?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

If you were the interviewer, what would you expect to see in a potential candidate? 

I honestly thought the interview went well.  I don't have alot of experience with interviews as my last job was 7 years on.  One of the guys was prior military and we shared the same lingo.  But I did not "prepare" for my interview.  I assumed they would see my educational achievements and use that as the determining factor.  I tried to treat the interview as more of a casual conversation with me answering the questions honestly and "from the heart".

It hurts that I blew it.  I hope I can have a better chance should there be a next time.  Assuming they will select me for the next time.   

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2010, 09:44 »
Q #1, 4, 5, 6  are along the same lines I've seen used in many interviews (minus the how-much-holdover-for-windage part). Often the interviewers want a non-softball weakness, to hear a substantial answer for how you overcome it. #1 and #4 might be viewed as a choice of being Robocop or a nice guy trying to help a buddy out. There's always more than one wrong answer from which to choose!

bababooey

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2010, 07:30 »
Great advice from everyone! 

Question.  Is anyone in this forum a current employee at Seabrook, preferably in security?  I just wanted to hear their experiences with the job and their success strategies in passing the interview. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?