Career Path > Getting in

Rookie Nuke worker Questions

<< < (2/33) > >>

duke99301:
Some of the best training you get is what you seek out, now
when I was doing the HP thing I found out on the dirt jobs what I needed and went and got it it payed a lot better than doing nukes.
and I have used that to get out of the heard! good luck on what you find!

JassenB:

--- Quote --- Have you looked into I&C contracting? An EM with a tech degree should have the background for that.
--- End quote ---

Actually, no I haven't. I've always assumed employers were more interested in having ex-ET's for that rather than EM's. Do you have any info on where I might be able to start networking with I&C contractors?

Thanks!
-Jassen

JassenB:

--- Quote ---Some of the best training you get is what you seek out, now
when I was doing the HP thing I found out on the dirt jobs what I needed and went and got it it payed a lot better than doing nukes.
and I have used that to get out of the heard! good luck on what you find!
--- End quote ---

I'm the kind of person that loves to travel, and I don't have children. The thing that really attracts me to the life of outages and haz waste site cleanup is the variety of work locations and the people I could end up meeting. Not to mention that I like the idea of being able to earn in 4-5 months on the road the same amount I could make in a year at a facilities management job here in Fort Collins, Colorado.

-Jassen

willitb3:
I am fresh out of Instrumentation School. I got a job working in a Nuke Plant. I Know i have to fill out Mounds of paperwork to get clearance. I am getting my work history from S.S. What other information do I need to prepare Before I Start to fill out Paperwork to make it easier on myself.Any info would be greatly apprecitiated. :)

ex-turbine_cowboy:
1.  Addresses for everywhere you have ever lived.
2.  Names, Addresses, Phone numbers and supervisors of every place you worked.
3.  References with names, phones, address.
4. Birth certificates, SS #s, Photo ID.
5 Job Discription of every place you worked

Did I miss much?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version