Reference, Questions and Help > Transportation & Disposal

Large Components

(1/5) > >>

DNDintern:
Good Morning everyone,
I would like to know about projects that reported the disposal of large components procedure. The dimensions of the large components are relative to the disposal site chosen (to disposed the large component). So at this point, anything consider large component will be good for me.

So far the reports I have found are about pressure vessels that are disposed in site, but with little detail about the process of disposal.

Thank you for your help.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: DNDintern on Aug 18, 2010, 10:12 ---Good Morning everyone,
I would like to know about projects that reported the disposal of large components procedure. The dimensions of the large components are relative to the disposal site chosen (to disposed the large component). So at this point, anything consider large component will be good for me.

So far the reports I have found are about pressure vessels that are disposed in site, but with little detail about the process of disposal.

Thank you for your help.

--- End quote ---

Start with the landfills, they can help guide you through it. If your component is large enough early contact is a good idea as some components require stabilization (concrete pad) of the cell prior to receipt. Early contact with a transportation company would also be a good idea. Best not to reinvent the wheel, there are experts who want your business out there. Is this for commercial, DOE or Army Corp. that could make a difference.

grantime:
we shipped 2 RX heads off for disposal.  By anyones standards they qualified as large components.  Send me IM and I'll give you contacts that might can help

t_tarbox:

--- Quote from: DNDintern on Aug 18, 2010, 10:12 ---Good Morning everyone,

Thank you for your help.

--- End quote ---

I can help.

Check your email listed in your profile.

mostlyharmless:
Lots of large objects,reactor vessels,steam generators etc. end up in Barnwell,S.C. If you need additional info beyond what tarbox provides I can give you contacts for the Barnwell site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version