Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Got my NRRPT results......... honeypot

Author Topic: Got my NRRPT results.........  (Read 7505 times)

Offline egosoul

• Very Lite User
Got my NRRPT results.........
« on: Aug 23, 2010, 10:22 »
Failed :(..........I studied my arse off.  Been doing radiation safety for 15 years.  I will take it again in February.........Now that I know what they are looking for I should be in better shape.  Doesn't effect my work in any way, it was just a personal achievement that I wanted to accomplish.  Thanks to all for the advice.

Justin

Offline ArLaMs

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Got my NRRPT results.........
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2010, 11:09 »
Chin up - Feb should be your day.  You already have street credibility for your study/testing effort - most do not attempt the test.

I passed the exam 20 years ago (it was tough then).  I left the biz for over a decade and reentered a few years ago.  My NRRPT cert had expired so retaking the test was the best way to recert.  Passing NUF, CORE, and misc site rqmts was a challenge after the elapsed time, so I studied hard for the NRRPT - and accomplished a failing grade.  Like you I learned how to focus for a retest - which was successful at the next testing date.   Gollnick's "Basic Radiation Protection Technology" 5th ed and practice tests were prime resources that worked for me.  Congats on qualifying to even take the exam. 

ISOCS

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2010, 06:51 »
egosoul, I sent you a message.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2010, 07:00 »
Failed :(..........I studied my arse off.  Been doing radiation safety for 15 years.  I will take it again in February.........Now that I know what they are looking for I should be in better shape.  Doesn't effect my work in any way, it was just a personal achievement that I wanted to accomplish.  Thanks to all for the advice.

Justin

Good attitude, good luck on the next one.  [salute]

mostlyharmless

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:42 »
Keep the faith. Try again. You know what to study .  Good luck and if you need help we are here for you.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2010, 10:30 »
don't' give up.  You already put in tons of work.  Now you know what to emphasize next time

Good luck
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2010, 10:32 by grantime »
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline egosoul

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2010, 11:33 »
Thanks gran :)

Offline egosoul

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2010, 11:34 »
ISOCS thank you!

Offline jkj

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:07 »
don't let it get you down. You've already shown alot of class already. Like ArLaMs said, most don't even try. +K
Words fail me and pictures aren't much better.

"Never take no cut-offs, and hurry along as fast as you can."-- (Virginia Reed; member of Donner party.)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?