Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Anyone doing dry cask storage in 2010/2011? honeypot

Author Topic: Anyone doing dry cask storage in 2010/2011?  (Read 6896 times)

Cathy

Anyone doing dry cask storage in 2010/2011?
« on: Sep 17, 2010, 07:29 »
If your site is doing dry cask storage sometime in 2010 or early 2011 please drop me a message, post here, send an email or carrier pigeon  ;D I have just a few questions, easy ones!
cathy97@digitex.net
Thanks!!

Offline redline

• Moderate User
Re: Anyone doing dry cask storage in 2010/2011?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2010, 07:51 »
We're developing a new plan for a large campaign starting spring/summer 2011. Currently have about 28 on the pad.

radbrat

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2010, 09:55 »
Cathy, Fermi is in the middle of a campaign, Al Eidson and or J Oetken will show you the specifics. See you when you get here. Al wants to know, are ya bringing Richard?

Cathy

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2010, 04:52 »
No, Richard is at Harris right now. How many are you loading and when are you done?
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2010, 04:53 by Cathy »

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2010, 07:30 »
Cathy,

Albeit our fuel is quite different my organization here in Ontario will load >100 dry storage casks with spent fuel this year, only 25 at the primary facility I support, but the another that gets assistance from me will load 60.  Not too sure if I can help, but you are more than welcome to ask your questions and I can see what I can do....
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2010, 06:38 »
Cathy,

Albeit our fuel is quite different my organization here in Ontario will load >100 dry storage casks with spent fuel this year, only 25 at the primary facility I support, but the another that gets assistance from me will load 60.  Not too sure if I can help, but you are more than welcome to ask your questions and I can see what I can do....

OK I gotta ask...How many assemblies does it take to load 100+ casks? How many units are involved?

radbrat

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2010, 11:22 »
No, Richard is at Harris right now. How many are you loading and when are you done?
We planned on loading 6 casks with 60 assemblies each but we ran into some problems. Got hit with a tornado that ripped off our turbine roof, floor load calc's were inadequate for the weight of the MPC's, we've got an outage coming up and after the tornado and inspection of the refuel floor crane it was determined that the crane wasnt up to spec's so we got repairs to do before we can use it. All of our data has been performed for the movements but its not gonna happen before the spring. You can look over what weve got if it will help.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2010, 11:28 »
OK I gotta ask...How many assemblies does it take to load 100+ casks? How many units are involved?

Lots of assemblies, these are CANDU assemblies so a lot smaller than you are probably used to, and 16 units overall on 3 sites. 
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?