News and Discussions > Rennhack's Blog

Site Suggestions

<< < (2/22) > >>

Rennhack:
I was thinking of removing the date the jobs were posted form the home page.  I am also considering r4emoving the name of the company that is posting the jobs.

retread:

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Aug 26, 2010, 04:59 ---I was thinking of removing the date the jobs were posted form the home page.  I am also considering r4emoving the name of the company that is posting the jobs.

--- End quote ---
Please don't.  Please.  Knowing what company is advertising determines if I open it or not. Getting pumped because a plant I want to work is looking for techs., then seeing it is being staffed by a group I don't like is like kissing your sister.  I also don't like the idea of not knowing when a job posted.  
I resisted change over a month ago when you started playing with Karma and adding all the emoticons.  Then I saw what a great job you did with the changes.  I'm learning to trust your instinct when it comes to you running your site.

UncaBuffalo:
I vote minimalist.  Get some of the 'clutter' off the homepage.

I can do without the company name on the job posting...

OldHP:
Mike:

Who is posting and the date it was posted are essentials.  retread is right, finding out who has the job available after the fact is not desirable.  There are many duplicates posted, which is great, but when company A, B, & X have the same job posted and B is the most desirable to work with, which do I go to first?

Rennhack:
How hard is it to click on the job to see who posted it?  It's not like the information will no longer be available.  You jut have to click on the link, it takes 2 seconds, then click the back key.

As for the date, if its on top it was today, if it is at the bottom, it was a day or two ago.

I'm not saying I'm going to change it, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version