Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Anti-Contamination Bubble Suits honeypot

Author Topic: Anti-Contamination Bubble Suits  (Read 44774 times)

Offline Dustball

• Moderate User
  • -40F Keeps out the RiffRaff
Re: Anti-Contamination Bubble Suits
« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2006, 11:12 »
We use the Delta suits now.  Pretty much use them only for CRD pulls U/V.  For the price of a bubble hood + the plastic suit + roll of duct tape we easily justified the cost.  Plus we were able to "sell" it to management with the self rescue aspect.  They are very nice!  We do not use a whole lot during an outage.  Maybe 15 suits.

alphadude

« Reply #26 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:28 »
Amazing how those bubble suits were misused over the years. Actually duct taping a person into a plastic bag and throwing the belts away! liability issues by the tons.

ageoldtech

« Reply #27 on: Feb 28, 2006, 03:42 »
I've used the delta suits, they don't work well for tight areas. Fine for the workers, I'd just as soon wear a resp.

Offline volfireman07

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:56 »
We are trying to get Delta Suits approved here at our site.  Does anyone have any policy, procedure, or program documents regarding the Delta Suits?  PM me if you got any info.

Thanks!

ageoldtech

« Reply #29 on: Mar 07, 2006, 09:55 »
Catawba has a procedure for the use of Delta suits which includes mock-up training. I don’t have a contact name for ya, but at least you have some place to start.

Offline volfireman07

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2006, 03:16 »
Thanks, I'll try to find someone to call.

Anyone else?

exocom

« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2006, 05:55 »
Contact Jeff Litaker extension 4283 at McGuire 704-875-4000.  Mr. Litaker is the staff scientist at Duke with all the information from French manufacturer and NRC approval paper work.

HighRad

« Reply #32 on: Mar 10, 2006, 08:44 »
Hello,

I have a new solution for bubble hoods, Delta Suits, and powered visors. It is called a Hurricane Hood. We used them last outage season for steam generator nozzle dam installation at Vogtle and Diablo Canyon. They were also used for cavity decontamination at Diablo Canyon. We did not have any heat stress issues or PC events. The great thing about them is they provide the user with lots of air (33 CFM) which is more than the PAPR Delta Suit and 5 times more air than power visors or PAPRs WITHOUT any hoses and breathing air system.

There are 2 models: Category 2 (CAT-2) and Category 3 (CAT-3).

The CAT-3 is perfect for steam generator entries……yes, I said steam generator entries! I would like to see you get through a 16” S/G manway with a PAPR on! They have a high speed blower on the top of the hood that blows filtered air down the front of the hood (great for defogging!) and into the suit for cooling. This model can also be supplied with a wireless color camera so you can monitor the actual work the worker is performing. It is a good ALARA solution for limiting HP coverage in certain areas and can be used for QA monitoring of the actual work activities too so they do not need to be in the area.

The CAT-2 uses the same high flow blower and filter system as the CAT-3. The CAT-2 is mounted on the upper back like a back pack and weighs less than 2 lbs. The air is blown from the back of the hood down the front of the hood and into the suit for cooling. This model is great for control rod drive maintenance, cavity decon, etc. The CAT-3 can actually be configured as a CAT-2 by removing 2 thumbscrews for the blower unit and attaching it to the belt pack for the CAT-2.

They are sold as anti-contamination devices like power visors and not as respirators.

There is a lot more information on the website including brochures, pictures, and news: www.RadiumInc.com

Zimmy

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 12:36 »
No Thanks High Rad.

I prefer using suits approved by the NRC for high contam jobs. "Delta Suits"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 08:53 »
high rad...  yinz gots any data from a/s results i/s the hoods vs o/s?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?