Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New Booth honeypot

Author Topic: New Booth  (Read 9427 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
New Booth
« on: Aug 30, 2010, 04:21 »
I'm having a new booth made for the trade shows we go to.  I'd like some feedback.

Below is a mock-up of a new design.  For reference, I've also included a picture of our old one.

One thing to remember is that the bottom 3rd will be hidden behind a table, blocking everything under the OSHA training line in the mock-up.

Mock-up:

Mostly full view of current booth:

View Showing typical view blocked:

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010, 04:21 by Rennhack »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: New Booth
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2010, 06:43 »
I love the new design, it is cleaner and much easier to see and take in the information. I wanted to ask if it could be made wider ablong to fit into the top 2/3 of the display and then you would just have a blue background or blue patterened background at the bottom, this way you would not loose any of the current design behind the table.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2010, 06:50 »
I like the old one better, no particular reason, just the general impression and impact.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2010, 07:20 »
If I tell you I like the old one better because it looks more professional, you will just tell me I am afraid of change and an old fart... so I won't say anything.  :-X
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline hogs

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2010, 07:27 »
The new one looks very clean and modern.  It is easier for the eye to quickly see what the poster is about.  It looks professional.  I like it!  "Nukeworker.com" is not as prominent, which is bad, but it will probably be very big blown up to life size.  I like the white bold italicized font on the clean background.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010, 07:31 by hogs »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2010, 08:12 »
Which one would make you stop and look?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2010, 09:49 »

As a professional the original as the new one looks a little cartoonish.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010, 07:15 by Marlin »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2010, 10:48 »
okay. I have looked at both and I also went and looked at the slide show of the WM Symposium and this is what I noticed:

1. So many of the displays are drab, many are blue, blue, blue. I believe that the old booth background will stand out more because of this but needs some work on the photos.

2. If you do go with the new design perhaps making the logo smaller and the name more prominent will help. You may also consider adding photos to this design.

3. How about testimonials and photos from people who have used nukeworker for training, hiring, finding jobs etc.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:02 »
Okay, not to throw too big of a wrench but what about something of a melding of the two designs? 

First swap new happier Bob for serious Bob in the middle of the backdrop.

More Jobs, More Workers in either a red outline or even a magenta lettering to make it stand out from the background. 

Would it be possible, or even practical, to then have the mock up as a stand up in front of the table or maybe on an easel maybe like a large business card?  I know it's more expensive to print two-sided but that design with contact information on the back would make a great business card.  (Hmm, maybe that's why it looks a little familiar.   [whistle] 

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:06 »
Okay, not to throw too big of a wrench but what about something of a melding of the two designs? 

First swap new happier Bob for serious Bob in the middle of the backdrop.

More Jobs, More Workers in either a red outline or even a magenta lettering to make it stand out from the background. 

Would it be possible, or even practical, to then have the mock up as a stand up in front of the table or maybe on an easel maybe like a large business card?  I know it's more expensive to print two-sided but that design with contact information on the back would make a great business card.  (Hmm, maybe that's why it looks a little familiar.   [whistle] 

i think melding would be good. i don't have design programs on new laptop or i'd try to mock up something. i think the magenta or red would be nice touch too.

HeatherB.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:33 »
Mike,

I really like the typography & layout of the new one, it's cleaner & has better visibility from a distance, which is KEY with a booth display. But... since you asked for feedback...

I would incorp. the color yellow into a much bigger font with your NUKEWORKER.com focal point. Blue seems to be overused & will just get lost in the rest of the display. Yellow will give you that visual pop with your headline, and then I would add a touch of yellow to the worker guy (the nuke trefoil, the PPE, something). Blue is boring, go with some color.

Also, using the nukeworker.com in the by-line and then right below in the main headline is redundant. Find a way to word the top line without using nukeworker.com so that the attention is not lost in the smaller print above the company name.

I really like the "worker" on your new banner... it's more relevant since you really help with the recruiting of WORKERS & their resumes. Good luck!!!
 [clap]

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:49 »
With The World's Largest Candidate Pool,
                         NUKEWORKER.com
                                                is The Employer's Hiring Solution.

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #12 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:56 »
More Color definately.

Offline jjack50

• Heavy User
  • Now, LEARN DAMIT!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 31, 2010, 02:11 »

The old one because you have to get closer to see whats on the bottom third.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2010, 05:59 »
Perhaps use the new one as a center panel and add more pics and info to the outer panels
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2010, 09:03 »
Perhaps use the new one as a center panel and add more pics and info to the outer panels

Good idea.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?