Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu CANDU & H3

Author Topic: CANDU & H3  (Read 25138 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: CANDU & H3
« Reply #25 on: Aug 31, 2010, 02:53 »
SunDog, why did you change your avatar?  The cute pug was the only reason you had any positive karma.  You're in for it now!! :P :P

He changed it because he is our resident TiT (Troll-in-Training).  Don't you keep up with these things?

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #26 on: Aug 31, 2010, 04:42 »
Troy,

The file you linked to is damaged, and I can't find an undamaged version to replace it.  Do you know where I could get an undamaged version?

Did you get that fixed yet?
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

mostlyharmless

« Reply #27 on: Aug 31, 2010, 06:51 »
Sounds similar to haw it was done hee. Keep in mind these were target assemblies and the reactors were built in the early 50s. Are the candadians still using natural enrichment fuel?
Today I read about a technique for driving off H3 from contaminated soil and concrete. You enclose it and heat it up to ~200 degrees F and bake it for about a weak then sample for H3 to confirm removal. The H3 is released to atmosphere.
We need an off topic monkey,similar to the trunk monkey. Nascar help us. Not,repeat not ,calling you a monkey.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #28 on: Aug 31, 2010, 07:05 »
He changed it because he is our resident TiT (Troll-in-Training).  Don't you keep up with these things?
Sorry, not in the clique yet.  Trying though.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Sun Dog

« Reply #29 on: Sep 01, 2010, 09:37 »

Got what I got the hard way
And I'll make it better each and every day
So sonny don't you fret
Cause you ain't seen nothing yet

I'm a troll man
I'm a troll man

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Sep 01, 2010, 10:01 »
Did you get that fixed yet?
I probably won't be able to fix it till this weekend.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #31 on: Sep 01, 2010, 01:00 »
Sounds similar to haw it was done hee. Keep in mind these were target assemblies and the reactors were built in the early 50s. Are the candadians still using natural enrichment fuel?

Yep, still using Unat for most fuel.  The Bruce plants are now using a new, slightly enriched, fuel bundle to enhance control due to the positive void coefficient that the CANDU design has.  The new generation of CANDU plants will actually us a light water HT system, D2O Moderator system, and slightly enriched fuel to enhance performance and provide better safety margins.  Will also have the great byproduct of reducing our H3 exposure as well :)
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #32 on: Sep 02, 2010, 02:14 »
I know this is off topic and everything, and I'm sure some one will call me a troll...

But I never realized that The Queen of England is also the Queen of Canada, as well as 15 other countries.

She even has a representative in Canadian government, the Governor General, who is the personal represetative of the Queen.  Here is a better explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_General_of_Canada
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?