Facility & Company Information > Canada

CANDU & H3

<< < (7/7)

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: BeerCourt on Aug 31, 2010, 04:42 ---Did you get that fixed yet?

--- End quote ---
I probably won't be able to fix it till this weekend.

stormgoalie:

--- Quote from: mostlyharmless on Aug 31, 2010, 06:51 ---Sounds similar to haw it was done hee. Keep in mind these were target assemblies and the reactors were built in the early 50s. Are the candadians still using natural enrichment fuel?

--- End quote ---

Yep, still using Unat for most fuel.  The Bruce plants are now using a new, slightly enriched, fuel bundle to enhance control due to the positive void coefficient that the CANDU design has.  The new generation of CANDU plants will actually us a light water HT system, D2O Moderator system, and slightly enriched fuel to enhance performance and provide better safety margins.  Will also have the great byproduct of reducing our H3 exposure as well :)

stormgoalie:

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Aug 31, 2010, 01:49 ---I know this is off topic and everything, and I'm sure some one will call me a troll...

But I never realized that The Queen of England is also the Queen of Canada, as well as 15 other countries.

--- End quote ---

She even has a representative in Canadian government, the Governor General, who is the personal represetative of the Queen.  Here is a better explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_General_of_Canada

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version