News and Discussions > Illness & Injuries

Camella Black - Surgery

(1/7) > >>

Camella Black:
Hey gang I just wanted to let you know that I am my family are facing a hard couple of months... I have been sick for months now and found out last week I have colon polyps. The removed all but one and I met with the surgeon today and this is what we know:

1. A large percentage of the type of polyp (and where it is located) that I have contain cancer cells, so they treat it as cancer from the start.

2. They will be removing the majority of my ascending colon, along with the lymp nodes located nearby and all the blood vessels leading to this area and then they will be reconnecting my insides together (oh what fun).

3. I will be in hospital from 4 to 7 days and at home recovering 6 to 8 weeks.

4. There are chances of other things but I won't bore you with what if's or maybes.

Please be patient with us as we make this adjustment and lend your moral support when you can. I intend to be spending a good deal of time on here as I won't be able to do much else.

My surgery is on September 16th at 11:00 am, so if you have a second on that day please send out good thoughts and prayers ifyou believe in such. I am a huge believer in the power of prayer, karma and good thoughts and will take them all.

Marlin:
You have my prayers and thoughts, please keep us posted. I know Henry does not normally post a lot but maybe he can make an exception for the next few weeks.

RDTroja:
You will certainly have all of our good thoughts, best wishes, prayers, and maybe a Buddhist chant or two.

My sister recently (about two years ago) had what sounds like the same surgery, and she is about 100% and feeling fine. You can do the same. 90% of the success of this kind of thing is attitude. Keep yours positive and all will be well.

mostlyharmless:
I will pm you something to make you smile.A Small story more about you than Henry when he and I worked in outside facilities at srs. All the credit is yours. Keep the faith. Joe

Motown homey:
Good luck - we'll miss your common sense till you get back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version