Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Camella Black - Surgery honeypot

Author Topic: Camella Black - Surgery  (Read 23586 times)

Cycoticpenguin

Re: Camella Black - Surgery
« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2011, 01:42 »
How are things?

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Apr 27, 2011, 09:04 »
I am doing good. Learned what I can and cannot eat and I still have terrible back pain at times but found out that this is quite common with colon resectioning.

I am enjoying life, traveling more with Henry and spoiling the grandchildren. Thanks for asking.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #27 on: Apr 27, 2011, 10:57 »
Keep up the good work and attitude.  My wife went through the same thing several years ago and still has good days and bad days.  The bad days usually come from trying to do too much or eating the wrong things (which she loves).

The surgeon told us that most folks in that situation: 15% are back within a year for removal/another resection, 15% never have anothere problem, and the other 70% are somewhere in between.  At this point for us her "Gastro is saying, 'You need to go to Vandy', you are past my expertice!"

Best of luck and remember our prayers are with you
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2011, 11:51 »
Thanks for the well wishes. I am glad to know that people care. And I encourage everyone to have preventive testing done for not only Colon Cancer but other medical conditions as well. My surgeon told us that had I waited mere months we would have been facing a different story as my polyp had already turned into stage 2 Dysplasia (which is between benign and cancer).

nukewanderer

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34 »
You and your family have my prayers. I sincerely hope all goes successfully and you are soon on the road to recovery.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Sep 02, 2011, 11:14 »
Just an update to say I had a checkup this week of my colon and no signs of polyps or cancer so I'm good to go for 3 years unless I have further problems.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #31 on: Sep 02, 2011, 11:33 »
That's the kind of news I love to hear! (Though I'm sure not as much as you do.  ;))  Have a great weekend young lady!
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #32 on: Sep 03, 2011, 01:04 »
Good to hear!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #33 on: Sep 03, 2011, 09:10 »
Glad to hear this, how are you feeling? As good as your checkup?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?