Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mass Account Deletions honeypot

Author Topic: Mass Account Deletions  (Read 11167 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Mass Account Deletions
« on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:36 »
We had over 3,616 spam bot attacks this month. Most of them had Yahoo or gmail accounts.  As a result, we had to delete any account created in the last month with a yahoo or gmail account.  I'm sorry if this inconveniences you.  If you just signed up, and have one of those accounts, you will need to sigh up again.

We have added new spam bot prevention measures, which has slowed down the attacks.

twinturbo427

Re: Mass Account Deletions
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:39 »
I assume this will not effect the Gold Members, as they provided payment and by default, identification?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2010, 12:04 »
I don't think any gold members fall under that category.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2010, 02:24 »
My account got accidently banned, but Mike worked with me via email and very very quickly got it fixed and back up running.  +K to you sir for the prompt service (noted that the first email reply from him was at 0140 my time so know it was late where he is), keep up the great work.
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

twinturbo427

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2010, 02:32 »
My account got accidently banned, but Mike worked with me via email and very very quickly got it fixed and back up running.  +K to you sir for the prompt service (noted that the first email reply from him was at 0140 my time so know it was late where he is), keep up the great work.

I can see it now. A moment to log on and check the forum and...  WTF????   :'( :'( :'(

at least it was not me  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?