Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Re-enrollment into NPTU Charleston honeypot

Author Topic: Re-enrollment into NPTU Charleston  (Read 12751 times)

nerefir

Re-enrollment into NPTU Charleston
« on: Jul 22, 2004, 03:25 »
Hello everybody,

I am a MM3 nuke student, or well, I was.  Here's the story.

I applied for the Naval Academy in Power School, and was accepted because of my A-school performance (3.64, CO's Personal Excellence Award) and NPS performance at the time(3.81 at the time, final 3.71).  I was assigned to NPTU Charleston and transferred there in March of this year.

Because of my acceptance into the Naval Academy, I was disenrolled after the off-crew phase and sent to work in a hold-student position (security office).  I transferred to the Naval Academy in July.

However, when I got there, I had a sudden change of heart.  I felt like I had been pushed along by my section advisor and classmates to go to the Academy.  I was sent to Naval Station Annapolis on June 30 to await orders back to NPTU.  Last week I was told that my situation is in the hands of Naval Reactors.

My question is this:  how is a situation like this handled?  How long will I be waiting for NR's decision?

Thanks in advance.

RCLCPO

Re: Re-enrollment into NPTU Charleston
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2004, 06:17 »
Hard to say....NR works in mysterious ways...

In my time as an instructor at a prototype, I did see students returned to the pipeline, re-inserted back into training at the point they were removed.  These were the students who had been picked up for ROTC, had gone off to some college just long enough to forget what NPS had taught them, and for some reason (poor academics, usually) dropped from the ROTC program.  By NR standards, they were expected to remember everything, but, of course, they didn't.  It was very difficult to bring them back up to speed before they were so far behind they were dropped due to poor performance.

As you've been away from Nuke Land for just a short time, you're probably OK.  The real question for NR is your motivation.  A lot of people went through a lot of hoops to get you to the Naval Trade School.  Regardless of your reasons for wanting back into the pipeline, NR will question your motivation to complete the training and be a productive sailor in the fleet, high gpa notwithstanding.

I happen to have a good friend who is the Plant Master Chief at one of the MTS's in Charleston.  E-mail me your name (to preserve your privacy on this site) and I can ask about your status.

ETC(SS) Wilson

nerefir

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2004, 12:02 »
Hard to say....NR works in mysterious ways...

In my time as an instructor at a prototype, I did see students returned to the pipeline, re-inserted back into training at the point they were removed.  These were the students who had been picked up for ROTC, had gone off to some college just long enough to forget what NPS had taught them, and for some reason (poor academics, usually) dropped from the ROTC program.  By NR standards, they were expected to remember everything, but, of course, they didn't.  It was very difficult to bring them back up to speed before they were so far behind they were dropped due to poor performance.

As you've been away from Nuke Land for just a short time, you're probably OK.  The real question for NR is your motivation.  A lot of people went through a lot of hoops to get you to the Naval Trade School.  Regardless of your reasons for wanting back into the pipeline, NR will question your motivation to complete the training and be a productive sailor in the fleet, high gpa notwithstanding.

I happen to have a good friend who is the Plant Master Chief at one of the MTS's in Charleston.  E-mail me your name (to preserve your privacy on this site) and I can ask about your status.

ETC(SS) Wilson

Thanks, Chief.  I just found out yesterday that I technically haven't been removed from the Naval Academy yet, so I'm waiting for them to do their paperwork.  And, according to the staff here on base, the Naval Academy isn't exactly famous for their speed or efficiency in paperwork cases, so I may be stuck here for a while.

But I've found this awesome site!  I didn't think anything like this existed, after hours of searching for materials on the nuclear community on Google, but here it is!
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2004, 05:35 by nerefir »

nerefir

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2004, 01:30 »

Thanks, Chief.  I just found out yesterday that I technically haven't been removed from the Naval Academy yet, so I'm waiting for them to do their paperwork.  And, according to the staff here on base, the Naval Academy isn't exactly famous for their speed or efficiency in paperwork cases, so I may be stuck here for a while.

But I've found this awesome site!  I didn't think anything like this existed, after hours of searching for materials on the nuclear community on Google, but here it is!

I found out yesterday that I'll have my orders next week--thanks to everyone for listening and for everyone who might have helped.

However, they're trying to send me up to New York, which is a little odd, since I was under the impression that everyone from NPS wants to go to NY, and some have to be turned down and kept in SC.  I hope I get to go back to SC. :)

Offline nukeET1

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2004, 09:21 »
Hey what is wrong with NY?  I loved Ballston Spa prototype!  It is a great area with alot to do.  I would not discount going to school there, after all you joined the Navy to see the world, not just charleston SC.
Just my opinion,
ET1

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2004, 09:55 »
Hey what is wrong with NY? 

I DON'T THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN A SENTENCE IN MORE DIRE NEED OF A DIFFERENT THREAD!

(Of course I negotiated for orders to the sub I was sure would be the last one to leave SC, because it had sunk at pier Mike earlier that same day......)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?