Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu TVA Question

Author Topic: TVA Question  (Read 7895 times)

Offline wesjj2

• Very Lite User
TVA Question
« on: Sep 02, 2010, 12:25 »
I have two questions, the first is, Im scheduled to test for an SGPO position, and was wondering if I were to take the POSS test and pass, and get an interview but not get selected, would I have to retake the POSS test every time I apply for another school? Or would my first test results stick with me? second, Ive heard mixed opinions an wanted to clear this up for good. On the POSS test, I understand I should work fast. Should I only answer questions I know, or answer every question no matter what?

Pman52

Re: TVA Question
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2010, 01:34 »
Been asked a few times around here...

Get ready to do some reading.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/board,250.0.html

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2010, 02:43 »
Been asked a few times around here...

A few times?  I only counted 51 threads on that board.

This makes me think that perhaps we should have one of those "Mark Answered" type options that some sites have.

Hmmm, and people could get Karma for having the best answer....
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2010, 02:45 by Rennhack »

Pman52

« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2010, 03:43 »
A few times?  I only counted 51 threads on that board.
You missed the sarcasm that followed with my original reply.  :)

There are many many threads involving people in the original poster's situation.  Almost identical in content.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2010, 03:50 »
You missed the sarcasm that followed with my original reply.  :)

There's an app for that!   :->

Now returning you to our regularly scheduled forum.   ;D
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2010, 03:39 »
On the POSS test, I understand I should work fast. Should I only answer questions I know, or answer every question no matter what?

I don't think there is a definitive answer, but...

I always figure a 'guess' probably had some reasoning (concious, or not) behind it, so I go ahead and answer every question.  I have passed all EEI tests I have taken.

As you noted, the test is timed and you will NOT finish the math section if you worry too much about individual questions.  I work the problem once, pick an answer, and move on.  Remember, 'None of the above' is the right answer on some of the problems...
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?