Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu You've been together HOW long?
honeypot

Poll

How many years have you and your spouse/partner been together?

Less than 1 year
4 (2.4%)
1 - 5 years
22 (13.3%)
5 - 10 years
28 (17%)
Over 15 years
56 (33.9%)
25 years or longer
32 (19.4%)
10 - 15 years
20 (12.1%)
35 years or longer
3 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: You've been together HOW long?  (Read 100965 times)

Doc_REM

Re: You've been together HOW long?
« Reply #50 on: Apr 03, 2005, 11:45 »
How's this sound?....married for 35 years to 4 different women....5 marriages!
Yes married the last one ....  Twice!!!
Been with her for 15 years this past Valentine's Day!!
BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #51 on: Apr 03, 2005, 12:06 »
How's this sound?....married for 35 years to 4 different women....5 marriages!
Yes married the last one ....  Twice!!!

Married the last one Twice sounds MUCH BETTER than marrying a different one twice! Glad you found the right one!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

« Reply #52 on: Apr 03, 2005, 12:47 »
18 years. Engaged her, couldn't live without her and brought her to Idaho with me. Maried her in a court 8 weeks later.

I wanted her to have a church wedding so we got married again in a church 7 weeks after that.

Been together for 18 years last March. And yes we celebrate both anniversaries, and I haven't forgotten one yet.

Mike

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #53 on: Apr 03, 2005, 12:52 »
That sounds like an even better description of married the same gal TWICE! Excellent!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Gonzo

« Reply #54 on: Jul 05, 2006, 01:35 »
I'd like to know who has been divorced the most times? :o

the winner of this distinction works at SONGS...   i won't say any names but he's been married so many times he has permanent rice marks on his face...

stownsend

« Reply #55 on: Jul 05, 2006, 02:28 »
Brownsferry 82, filling out paperwork Sherry H. asked for more paper to list all her married names.

RT: Abbreviated name; please do not post full names on the forum (unless it is your own)
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006, 10:42 by Roll Tide »

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #56 on: Jul 19, 2006, 12:34 »
Twenty-five years and I haven't regretted one day of it....

The one day was in August of '86, I think.

Just kidding honey...really...

(love her more today than ever)
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline Lady Nuke

• HP Tech
  • Light User
  • Management is at it again!!
« Reply #57 on: Jul 27, 2006, 12:46 »
It will be 20 years this October.  I'll bet those who knew "Big Buck" at Brunswick or Oconee in the early 80's never thought he would even get married much less stay married for 20 years.  ;)

The Barbarian

« Reply #58 on: Jul 27, 2006, 04:50 »
Worked with "Big Buck" at Brunswick in the 80's - worked with him again lately at Hanford. He seems much more subdued now. Is that just getting older, or is that what 20 years of marriage did to him?

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #59 on: Nov 09, 2006, 09:59 »
We'll hit the 23 year mark on March 10th this coming Spring. It's amazing what some women will put up with  8)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #60 on: Nov 09, 2006, 10:50 »
23yrs.....Can't see putting another poor woman through retraining me.

I need to move myself up a category to >25yrs, and the training continues.  :)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #61 on: Nov 09, 2006, 05:51 »
I need to move myself up a category to >25yrs, and the training continues.  :)

Congrats Marlin and Mrs. Marlin on making it to the 25 year mark. Henry and passed this milestone almost 2 years ago. We will be married 27 years on the 24th of November and still going strong.

We sure have seen some great times and shared many great memories of life on the road and off. We were barely married and had two small children our first outage which was at Turkey Point in 1981. Those were the days, were they not?

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #62 on: Nov 09, 2006, 07:48 »
Camella and Henry congratulations. I only know a few that have made it that long. Has it really been 25 years since Turkey Point?
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #63 on: Nov 09, 2006, 11:59 »
Mike, (you know I still call you Spanky) LOL. Yes time has flown by, I find it hard to believe it at times but the mirror, scale and my growing children don't lie.

I commend anyone who has weathered the storm of marriage + life on the road. I have spent many holidays, weeks and even months either seperated from my parents and family or from my husband.

Techs today have no idea what being homesick is. For the most part they are spoiled and can't wait to miss a few days of a short outage to run home for the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I miss Henry and I like for us to be together. But I remember the time when outages were 9 months or longer and it may be 3, 4, or even 5+ months between trips home or us being together.

So here's to anyone whose made past the 7 year itch mark, I commend you.

P.S. Mike were you part of that crowd of newbies I helped chaperone to the Hank Williams concert?

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #64 on: Nov 10, 2006, 12:58 »
No, I had been around since 78. Glad to hear that you both have learned to weather the storm when so many others have not. I miss the long outages and the security of going from one job to another. I remember the dialing for dollars with all the different companies. Also miss the friends you would make back then because of the length of the jobs.
I'm still Spanky (thanks to Mark Cooper)and guess I always will be. I have just 1 more day at Beaver Valley (1 month outage that turned into 2).
Take care and stay in touch....Spanky
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

KAMFRO

« Reply #65 on: Nov 13, 2006, 02:14 »
My second marriage..And i told her it was my last, Till death do us part, whether by natural or homicide

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #66 on: Nov 24, 2006, 06:51 »
....married 7 days.  :)

Congratulations, here's a wish for many more.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #67 on: Nov 24, 2006, 09:57 »
Hey ya'll. Henry and I made it another year, 27 now and counting!

cbramsey

« Reply #68 on: Nov 29, 2006, 03:28 »
I have been married a total of 23 years. 

13 years to #1....

122 months to the woman who puts up with me forever and ever (or until our next monthaversary whichever comes first)!!!

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #69 on: Jun 01, 2007, 11:26 »
We will hit the 35 year mark in Sept of this year, and survived house jobs, traveling jobs, long outages and short outages - life gets better every day. It's really not difficult to stay married when you marry your best friend.
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

LaFeet

« Reply #70 on: Jun 01, 2007, 12:39 »
life gets better every day. It's really not difficult to stay married when you marry your best friend.

Well put, I could not agree more

+K
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2007, 12:39 by LaFeet »

navytwinmom

« Reply #71 on: Jun 05, 2007, 01:18 »
Me never married....but my mom and dad....41 years this April. They dated twice within 24 hours. He back to GA as a Staff Sgt in the Army...married several months later...shortly days after his divorce was final. So who says you can't find the right one.  8)

"edited for accuracy"

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2007, 02:15 by navytwinmom »

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #72 on: Jun 06, 2007, 01:07 »
It's really not difficult to stay married when you marry your best friend.

I'll second that!  15 + this time and well on the way to exceeding 27 the first - the first wasn't  (and isn't my best friend).  If you are not best friends (and best of everything) it is a tough row to hoe! :( >:( ;D
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #73 on: Jun 06, 2007, 01:52 »
Approaching 30 years and the first 5 were on the road together as HPs.

Iced Tiger

« Reply #74 on: Jun 20, 2007, 02:01 »
Me and the missus have been together for 24 years with 23 of those married. She is my one and only love, apart from bikes that is. ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?