Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tobacco usage?

Author Topic: Tobacco usage?  (Read 6181 times)

BubbaGump

Tobacco usage?
« on: Jul 25, 2010, 02:30 »
Hello gentz, I recently took my new hire physical, ffd, etc.  One of my questionairres asked about tobacco usage in the last 30 days, and amount smoked.  Yes I smoke, but I passed by respirator test in the top 98% and bp was good.  Does anyone know of being barred because of tobacco useage?  Thanks all.

duke99301

Re: Tobacco usage?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2010, 03:49 »
I recall the term non smoking geek trailer in the old days,  you ever see a geek standing in the rain puffing a cig.
I was on this new power plant job not long ago and they did not enforce the chew rule yet, just plain gross guys spitting on the floor of the elevator.
was at Calvert smoking allowed in areas only and I had a crew  trying to sneak a smoke in a JLG and then left the butts in it. bad for them the whole thing was caught on tape, 
and why is a smoker thinks it there right to get in your car and light up .anyways I am for no smoking allowed on site.  Or chew. But like the man says you can  not control someone else addiction.

BubbaGump

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2010, 08:54 »
Yeah well of course I would quit for the job.  I find it hard to believe that nobody there smokes, if only socially.  I would reason if I were barred for tobacco use, that employees FFD would include nicotine tests and would be treated like a drug test.  I find it highly unlikely, but I dont really know.

Offline NHSparky

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2010, 08:31 »
Correct on the insurance coverages.  Even permanent employees are being asked to state whether they are tobacco users (smokes or smokeless) within 30 days or longer (up to 6 months.)
Also available in SOBER!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?