Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Anybody Have Upcoming Navy Nuke Ship Date Info?
honeypot

Author Topic: Anybody Have Upcoming Navy Nuke Ship Date Info?  (Read 8568 times)

MCWunjo

Anybody Have Upcoming Navy Nuke Ship Date Info?
« on: Sep 25, 2010, 12:06 »
Right now I have a good contract with a job I like and a ship date after I get out of school, but I walked into the recruiter's office saying I want to be a nuke. My recruiter called me today and informed me that if I get approved for nuke, I might have to ship before I finish my 2-year degree in March. He loves preparing me for the worst and I've seen women post their May ship dates for nuke, so I know it may not go down the way he's warning me. Does anybody have any info on upcoming ship dates? Don't they start new classes every six months? I've sunk a lot of money and time into my degree and I'd like to finish it.

Offline Estis

• Light User
Re: Anybody Have Upcoming Navy Nuke Ship Date Info?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2010, 12:48 »
Have you checked here http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,1894.420.html for info?

From a quick look at that thread, it seems the most recent enlistee depped in on July 1, 2010 and is scheduled to ship on March 14, 2011. Given that potential ship dates are not set in stone before you go to meps and can vary forward or backward, it seems plausible that you may be scheduled to ship during March.

If it is that important though, why don't you just ask your recruiter to delay the day you go to meps by two months and not have to worry about it?
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2010, 12:51 by Estis »
Note: I am currently a NUB, therefore, take all answers/replies/opinions with the grain of salt it deserves

MCWunjo

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2010, 01:42 »
I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind. Hopefully the yay/nay will eat up at least a month or two.

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2010, 02:10 »
Here's a novel thought, graduate first then enlist. No need to thank me.

Mike

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
  • I make alpha particle "direct delivery" systems.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2010, 08:31 »
A contract works the same way in the military.  Have your contract state that you cannot ship to bootcamp before _____.  If they don't want to abide by your wishes, ask them if they know the way to the Air Force recruiter.  You must maintain the walk away power in negotiations.  I wouldn't sign a thing until I was guaranteed to go to San Diego for bootcamp, which being from South Florida they said was impossible because of the bootcamp in Orlando.  I was in company 167 in 1979--San Diego.

deltarho
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

arestheblue

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:35 »
I got in July 7 and I ship May 10...hopefully sooner <-----male here

Offline IRLFAN

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2010, 08:21 »
If they don't want to abide by your wishes, ask them if they know the way to the Air Force recruiter.  You must maintain the walk away power in negotiations.  I wouldn't sign a thing until I was guaranteed to go to San Diego for bootcamp, which being from South Florida they said was impossible because of the bootcamp in Orlando. 

Sounds familiar.  My recruiter told me that everyone from my area went to boot camp in Great Lakes.  I told him that there was no way I was going to Great Lakes in February, and used the same Air Force line.  When i left for boot camp, everybody else got a bus ticket to Illinois, I had a plane ticket to Orlando.
Democracy is 4 wolves and 1 sheep
voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a .357 magnum
telling the wolves where to stick it.

Offline deltarho

• An EOOW asked during his S/Y steam plant testing pre-watch tour, "Shouldn't those scram breakers be open?" K-thunk, K-thunk. "Uh-oh!"
  • Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2010, 07:50 »
I got in July 7 and I ship May 10...hopefully sooner <-----male here

I see that you "dress" to the left...
The above has nothing to do with any real  or imagined person(s).  Moreover, any referenced biped(s) simulating real or imagined persons--with a pulse or not--is coincidental, as far as you know.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2010, 06:39 »
I see that you "dress" to the left...

Eeeewwww, quit checkin out the new sailor's package - Don't ask don't tell ain't repealed yet....
 [hijack] [stir] [spank]
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2010, 07:43 »

Eeeewwww, quit checkin out the new sailor's package - Don't ask don't tell ain't repealed yet....
 [hijack] [stir] [spank]

That's odd; I'm drawn to the spanking emoticon... I could watch that for hours!  I was thinking it would have been better if the fanny started out white as the moon, and then it turned increasingly darker shades of the red family until the last wonderful lashing is meted out.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:21 »
That's odd; I'm drawn to the spanking emoticon... I could watch that for hours!  I was thinking it would have been better if the fanny started out white as the moon, and then it turned increasingly darker shades of the red family until the last wonderful lashing is meted out.

sounding like one too many Med cruises there shipper....

Offline deltarho

• Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2010, 12:13 »
sounding like one too many Med cruises there shipper....

Never have been the same since WestPac '86; I blame the Wog Queen contest...

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2010, 05:12 »

My son signed his contract for NF on April 1 and his ship date to RTC is the end of December.  So, just about nine months in DEP.  Hope that helps.

Dad of a 22 year old ETN.

Trevar

« Reply #13 on: Sep 28, 2010, 06:42 »
I signed just a few weeks ago and my current ship date is July 5th 2011... mine may be delated some though due to the fact i've yet to graduate

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2010, 08:47 »
My son just found out tonight his ship date has been moved two weeks sooner now it is the middle of December.   Nothing else changed except now we will miss him for Christmas.
Dad of a 22 year old ETN.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?