Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ship Out Early? honeypot

Author Topic: Ship Out Early?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline seconskin552

• Light User
  • I'm not a doctor. I am only five years old!
Ship Out Early?
« on: Sep 21, 2010, 12:33 »
If you ship out early, how does that effect your contract? Is the signing bonus eliminated?

VR,

Secon

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
Re: Ship Out Early?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2010, 04:54 »
If I recall correctly, they release you from your current contract and immediately sign another one.

Your signing bonus won't be eliminated, but it may go up or down, depending on your new ship date.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline NHSparky

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2010, 05:16 »
Yup--ask the MEPS classifier what the bonus for the month you want to ship out will be versus the month you currently have.

All other program guarantees should still remain in place.
Also available in SOBER!

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2010, 09:16 »
My son found out tonight at the DEP meeting his ship date has been moved two weeks sooner in December by the Navy.   Leaving earlier did not change his EB it still remains $15,000 for all months of the year under the current bonus plan.  Enlistment bonus for nuclear field currently is paying the same amount no matter which month you ship, at least for now.
Dad of a 22 year old ETN.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2010, 10:23 »
It's something to keep an eye on. Always make sure of the new conditions before agreeing to a new contract, and make sure it's still in writing, otherwise there's no way to enforce it.

Offline crewjobs_too

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2010, 06:21 »

He was not asked to sign a new contract last night, they just told him his date is moved up two weeks sooner.  I assume he signs that new (and final) contract when he goes to MEPS again in December right before boot camp.  Definitely will remind him to recheck everything on it though, thanks.
Dad of a 22 year old ETN.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?