Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu hiring trends for constellation

Author Topic: hiring trends for constellation  (Read 4491 times)

Offline daveyj308846

• Light User
hiring trends for constellation
« on: Sep 24, 2010, 03:29 »
Can anyone tell me the current hiring trends for the industry.I've been trying to get into constellation energy but the only jobs that have been coming up on their job board are for analysts and engineers(nothing for operators or mechanics).Any current constellation employee's here know whats going on.From what I was told by a friend is that they need tons of people but aren't hiring any.Any help would greatly appreciated.

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Re: hiring trends for constellation
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2010, 04:09 »
long term trends at all the utilities will be substantial hiring.  Over next 10 years as many as half of the current workers will retire at nearly every site.  That is a lot of hiring in all positions.
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline picklejuice52

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:19 »
I too am also interested in the hiring trends of Constellation, specifically the Calvert site. Does anyone know when Calvert typically starts an AO/NLO class, or around what time of year? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

co60slr

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:58 »
I too am also interested in the hiring trends of Constellation, specifically the Calvert site. Does anyone know when Calvert typically starts an AO/NLO class, or around what time of year? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Keeping a pulse on industry news helps predict the future...
http://midatlantic.construction.com/midatlantic_construction_news/2010/1014_CalvertCliffs.asp

tselby

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:11 »
Now now now,,, Constellation is my next door buddy, they were just hiring at unit one for a license class,,,,,

the posting is down now,,, and a buddy of mine told me they delayed the class, so keep ur eyes tuned to the company webpage for posting

Offline picklejuice52

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2010, 03:29 »
Thanks for the info! Does anyone know specifically when constellation hires their AO/NLO's during the year? Do they stick to a pattern (once or twice a year during fall and spring?) or is it on an "as needed" basis? Thanks!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?