Facility & Company Information > Savannah River

Savannah River Site Per Diem

(1/24) > >>

jzones:
In case you haven't heard they (Fluor, as SRNS) is reducing perdiem by almost 40% at the Savannah River Site. That coupled with the way Flour treats Staff Augumentation contractors makes this a place to avoid if at all possible. Most site workers are long term permanent and they really have a hard time with temporary personnel. If you must come here consider increasing your hourly billing rate, you'll need it to cover costs as the current perdiem rates will not do it for you. Unless your planning on living in your car.

Flour likes to advertise much longer employment periods than what you'll actuall work and overtime goes to onsite permanent not temporary employees.

snowman:

--- Quote from: jzones on Sep 24, 2010, 03:40 ---In case you haven't heard they (Fluor, as SRNS) is reducing perdiem by almost 40% at the Savannah River Site. That coupled with the way Flour treats Staff Augumentation contractors makes this a place to avoid if at all possible. Most site workers are long term permanent and they really have a hard time with temporary personnel. If you must come here consider increasing your hourly billing rate, you'll need it to cover costs as the current perdiem rates will not do it for you. Unless your planning on living in your car.

Flour likes to advertise much longer employment periods than what you'll actuall work and overtime goes to onsite permanent not temporary employees.

--- End quote ---

So the overtime should go to the contractors first and not the permanent employees who've made that area home? Also, SRS back in the pre ARRA days usually never paid per diem to contractor HP's. I spent half of the 1990's there, I thought Westinghouse SRS was a pretty good place to work.  I think right now is as good as it's been for rent-a-techs in a long time. $100K+/yr for a 40 hour a week job at some of these places, not too shabby. Just my .02 cents worth...

jzones:
I agree if that had been the original arrangement. They are still hurting for solid rad people. I would encourage you to get your deal up front as the arrangements change often.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Sun Dog on Oct 05, 2010, 11:07 ---Would you please explain how a contract HP earns $100K+/yr for a 40 hour a week job?  Do you base this on the hourly wage alone?  Or, are you including the estimated value of gratuities like health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacations, sick days, holiday pay, 401k matching contributions, structured retirement plan, and the like?

--- End quote ---

It would be hrly + Per Diem.

$35/hr * 2080 hrs = $72,800
$123/day * 365 days = $43,788 ($123 is Standard per Diem Rate for Oct 2010 -  Sep 2011)
Total = $116,588/yr

OR

$35.00/hr * 2080 hrs = $72,800
$52.50/hr *  520 hrs = $27,300 ($35 * 1.5 = $52.50)
Total = $100,100/yr

Above are 2 examples.  One working 40hrs/week with the standard per Diem, The other working 50 hrs/wk with no per Diem.  $100k+/yr is easily achievable.

(Note:  I understand that you shouldn't count overtime, or per Diem, but people do.  I also understand that you shouldn't get per Diem for a whole year... but people do.  -- It's just an example.)

Already Gone:
Good math.
But, let's not overlook the tendency of some people in our profession to exaggerate the hell out of things like how much money they make.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version