Facility & Company Information > Envirocare Utah

Envirocare Utah

<< < (4/4)

shawnderyke:
I have worked for EnergySolutions (Envirocare of Utah, Inc.) for eight years now. I started out as a Mixed Waste Deconner and have worked myself up through HPII And now a Project Manager. I agree with the wages. It is now currently "industry wide". I have heard, with the new merger of Scientech, BNG America, and Duratek, that we are re-evaluating the wage schedule. I hope it will change, but who knows. As far as the area, we have places to hunt, fish, drink, hang out with your favorite girl, go for drives,wild animals, the pony express, gold mining, old ghost towns, hiking, etc., etc., just a few minutes from everywhere. It is a great place to work for if you can handle the hour drive each way as mentioned before. I am always on the road, but my home is based in Tooele. Love it. Would not move for the world becasuse of the mountains less than 5 minutes away! I won't promise anything to anyone. You just have to come out and experience it for yourself.
[/quote]

illegalsmile:
I was out there last summer on a short term project. The biggest problems I saw were the production driven nature of the work and the outage-type hours. At that time, anyway, 60-70 hrs/wk was the rule. The people out there were great, although a bit different from the typical profiles you'll see at commercial plants or DOE sites. As for the area, it is great!!!! Hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing (possibly the best in the world), ORV'ing, resturants, shows, etc, etc. The worst thing about the place is that they only sell 3.2 beer, but it really isn't too far to Nevada or Idaho.
Did you say they were hiring?

jocro:
60-70 per week, and a 2 hour dirve time each day!  Good thing you're only "minutes" from the mountains so you can spend all that "extra" time with the family, driving to ID/NV or  recreating....  Gotta love the opportunity in free enterprise.

DecommMan:
Visited the site recently - lots of things going on there.  Set up for big things to happen.

nuclearnavajo:
Hired on at this site about a month ago now, it is very different, but doesn't seem too bad. People here seem to be alright. The jury is still out though. It is very different to go from power plants to a final deposition facility. Things are very different from what I had heard though. EnergySolutions seems to have pushed for the better since they took over (from what I have heard before and after I got here). If you want to know more shoot me a line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version