Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best non-metallic duty boots. honeypot

Author Topic: Best non-metallic duty boots.  (Read 17046 times)

foxracing1488

Best non-metallic duty boots.
« on: Oct 18, 2010, 10:56 »
What have you had a good experience with? I had 2 pairs of Magnum side zip stealth force boots zipper broke twice. I now have had a pair of Timberland Enforcers and the eyes for the laces broke already within a week. It seems pretty tough to find a good pair of boots with non metallic hardware.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Best non-metallic duty boots.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2010, 01:33 »
What have you had a good experience with? I had 2 pairs of Magnum side zip stealth force boots zipper broke twice. I now have had a pair of Timberland Enforcers and the eyes for the laces broke already within a week. It seems pretty tough to find a good pair of boots with non metallic hardware.

Check out this discussion:
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,845.0.html

My current personal preference is the Converse composite-toe with the zipper-side.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

RadTrashMan

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2010, 06:41 »
Timberland PRO Titan Composite Toe Non-Metallic Boot.  Average retail $ 129.00

Non-metallic, non-magnetic toe cap resists corrosion and meets ASTM F2412-05/F2413-05, I/75 and C/75 impact and compression safety standards. ANSI Z41PT99, ASTM F2412-05/F2413-05 rated for Electrical Hazard (EH) protection.

Most comfortable boot out-of-the-box I’ve ever worn.  Won’t set off metal detectors either.

Offline jjack50

• Heavy User
  • Now, LEARN DAMIT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2010, 08:54 »
Matterhorn 1999:  Mens 8” Waterproof Non-Insulated Lace to Toe Boot with Non-Metallic Safety Toe.
Made in the USA.
Very comfortable.

Offline Jimmykroffa

• Light User
  • Nuclear Operator
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2010, 10:39 »
CAT footwear has some really good choices. I've been wearing them for years. Very comfortable!

http://www.catfootwear.com/US/en-US/Home.mvc.aspx

Offline tritiumgun

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2011, 02:01 »
i wear the 5.11 6" boots they are very comfortable and arent too badly priced.

MacGyver

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2011, 07:53 »
I love this pair of boots (mine has a non-metallic zipper too).

Offline size16

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:53 »
I wear size 16 boots, so it was already close to impossible for me to find footwear in my size.  However, I have been able to find Composite Toe Boots and Shoes at XLfeet.com

They have a huge selection of Composite Toe Boots at the link below:

https://www.xlfeet.com/Large-Composite-Toe-Boots-and-Shoes-s/641.htm

You should try Thorogood, because my friend is a sherriff and was in the force in Chicago for more than 20 years, and he loves his Thorogood Composite Toe Boots.

They live up thier name at XLfeet.  As they put it, "Fitting Extra Large Feet is no Extra Large Feat".

Offline Townzen222

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 02:39 »
I realise no one has been to this post in a year but incase new NSO's need to know...Your Local Academy has what your looking for....maybe

Try to follow Brands..

Under-armour -

Bates - (get the ultra-lights)

Galls

thats about all i recommend..
~~~~CPNPP~~~~~~

Comanche Peak Security.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?