Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu I didnt realize I was getting cleared to run the Pentagon honeypot

Author Topic: I didnt realize I was getting cleared to run the Pentagon  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Bud1Bud

• Very Lite User
 ;) So I went down to Baxley for my in-processing...
Having never worked in your field, I had no clue.

They actually have people there that are trained medical personnell that will take your blood samples, urine samples, breath samples, heart-beat samples...

I had to stop and think for a minute... What job have I applied for??? Did I accendentally check the box that said I wanted to be in charge of the WHOLE Pentagon?

Then they sent me to a regular doctor in town to get a 2nd opinion! 
If I had known all this I woulda stopped stuffing myself with chilli cheese fries a long time ago.

Funny.

pebinatl

Re: I didnt realize I was getting cleared to run the Pentagon
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2010, 10:56 »
It's medical's job to try and disqualify you if they can. Avoid the place like it is the plague. I made the mistake of making my supervisor aware of the fact that I had hurt my shoulder the weekend prior and was sent to medical. Next thing I know I am removed from duty until the in town doctor clears me. When I get there, he informs me he is only taking new patients with asthma conditions. So I asked him for a referral. He sent me to another in town doctor. That doctor clears me and sends the paper work in to release me for duty. The plant wants to know why I didn't go to the asthma doctor. When I told them why, they said I would have to go to an orthopedic doctor. I go and the orthopedic doctor clears me. I called medical and asked if I could return to work and their response was I would have to wait two days until the asthma doctor would be on site and he would give me the final OK. Well, four wasted sick days later and $100 in co pays later the holy asthma doctor cleared me fit for duty. I say it again, avoid medical like the plague.   >:( >:(

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2010, 09:48 »
Did the doc get on you about the Moon Pie and diet Dr. Pepper for lunch? ;)

Uncalled for.

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2010, 12:38 »
It's medical's job to try and disqualify you if they can. Avoid the place like it is the plague. I made the mistake of making my supervisor aware of the fact that I had hurt my shoulder the weekend prior and was sent to medical. Next thing I know I am removed from duty until the in town doctor clears me. When I get there, he informs me he is only taking new patients with asthma conditions. So I asked him for a referral. He sent me to another in town doctor. That doctor clears me and sends the paper work in to release me for duty. The plant wants to know why I didn't go to the asthma doctor. When I told them why, they said I would have to go to an orthopedic doctor. I go and the orthopedic doctor clears me. I called medical and asked if I could return to work and their response was I would have to wait two days until the asthma doctor would be on site and he would give me the final OK. Well, four wasted sick days later and $100 in co pays later the holy asthma doctor cleared me fit for duty. I say it again, avoid medical like the plague.   >:( >:(

This has to take the cake as the most ignorant advice I've seen here. Medicals job is not to disqualify you, their job is to evaluate you against NRC and Site criteria to ensure you do not put your plant, yourself and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL others at risk due to an injury or condition.

You are required by LAW to report any medical conditions, injuries, drugs or the like to your supervisor and if you do not do so you are in violation of Federal Law. So don't take idiotic advice. It's not worth your job.

pebinatl

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:23 »
The problem with most idiots is we don't know we are idiots. But the comment was made more out of frustration than to be taken as specific advice. Apparently, I didn't get that across in my post and I thank you for clearing  the air.

Offline AARPSHP

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2010, 10:53 »
Years ago I had a manager tell us that the less the company knew about your medical condition the better off you would be.  He told this to our plant union steward.  We have evolved into this which to people is a sort of a big brother is watching type of thing.  I am glad I am getting close to drawing my retirement.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?