Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ET MM or EM? honeypot

Author Topic: ET MM or EM?  (Read 22029 times)

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
Re: ET MM or EM?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 20, 2010, 04:14 »
Oh, someone's been spanked by a Fluffy Bunny.

Let's see...how many posts will it take for a Moderator to lock THIS thread now.   Hmm...they're only two left...get your posts in now.  My vote is 5 more after mine.

(On a serious note, you'd have to have been reading these Forums here for about 5 years to understand something that you're misquoting.  My vote is that you're a "deleted member returnee" with an ax to grind).

Go get 'em Fluffy!

Co58

Looks like you have had a case of decay, down two neutrons. 

Witty, smart@$$ remarks, and general snipes are also part of being a nuke.  Comes with the nature of our business and personnel.  However, there are some people that take it a little far.  While they may not add serious input, they do help maintain a little levity in the forum.  Afterall, who doesn't like a good ribbing every now and then, especially when you get to zing someone back.
 [stir]
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

co60slr

« Reply #26 on: Oct 20, 2010, 04:53 »
Looks like you have had a case of decay, down two neutrons. 

Witty, smart@$$ remarks, and general snipes are also part of being a nuke.  Comes with the nature of our business and personnel.  However, there are some people that take it a little far.  While they may not add serious input, they do help maintain a little levity in the forum.  Afterall, who doesn't like a good ribbing every now and then, especially when you get to zing someone back.
 [stir]
I agree!   Hence, I've added a few "if you can't beat them, join them" comments recently.   However, what we're seeing is people who don't like to play their own game....especially after they play it to a newcomer here who doesn't understand what you and I are talking about...perhaps both having spent a good amount of time underwater where "this" is about your only form of entertainment.

Behold though...at the end of recent threads we have "Mr. Rennhack...he's picking on me" after that person just finished kicking a high school kid in the groin.

All good.   Today, we have a rapid bunny running amock.   Just another day. [coffee]

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:03 »
I agree!   Hence, I've added a few "if you can't beat them, join them" comments recently.   However, what we're seeing is people who don't like to play their own game....especially after they play it to a newcomer here who doesn't understand what you and I are talking about...perhaps both having spent a good amount of time underwater where "this" is about your only form of entertainment.

Behold though...at the end of recent threads we have "Mr. Rennhack...he's picking on me" after that person just finished kicking a high school kid in the groin.

All good.   Today, we have a rapid bunny running amock.   Just another day. [coffee]

One small problem, I didn't do anytime underwater, but even us "targets" know a good jab when we hear one.  There is nothing like being able to match wits with your fellow coworkers in order to see who has the sharper wit. 

So will you be Co29 in 5.27 years?

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #28 on: Oct 21, 2010, 07:11 »

So will you be Co29 in 5.27 years?

GCE on the concept of half-life :P :P
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #29 on: Oct 21, 2010, 04:33 »
Forgive me, It as been a long time since I dealt with decay of atoms.  These days I am just trying to make sure that welders are welding within their qualifications.  [dunce] [sos] :foot:

co60slr

« Reply #30 on: Oct 21, 2010, 05:11 »
Forgive me, It as been a long time since I dealt with decay of atoms.  These days I am just trying to make sure that welders are welding within their qualifications.  [dunce] [sos] :foot:
No worries...that's more difficult than navigating a periodic table anyway.

Co58 has a half-life of 70 days.  Co60 (we all know)...5.3 years. 

So, if you analyze a sample of something and it has Co58, that isotope was "made" in the last 300 days (5 1/2 lives) or so.   

This concept makes for an interesting discussion when someone (not knowing this concept) tries to convince you (any Rad Engineer out there) that this contamination residue has been there for over a year (read: before I was in this job).

You rad engineers and health physicists out there have ALL the cool toys.   [2cents]

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Oct 21, 2010, 05:16 »
No worries...that's more difficult than navigating a periodic table anyway.

Co58 has a half-life of 70 days.  Co60 (we all know)...5.3 years. 

So, if you analyze a sample of something and it has Co58, that isotope was "made" in the last 300 days (5 1/2 lives) or so.   

This concept makes for an interesting discussion when someone (not knowing this concept) tries to convince you (any Rad Engineer out there) that this contamination residue has been there for over a year (read: before I was in this job).

You rad engineers and health physicists out there have ALL the cool toys.   [2cents]

Welding is simple, just sticking metal together.  The cool stuff is the way they produce clad materials.  1 Plate of Carbon steel + 1 plate of Stainless steel + high power explosive powder= Stainless Steel clad carbon steel.  The History Channel had a special on welding.  Neat stuff. 

Welder qualifications are pretty simple to figure out.  Oh crud.... [OT]

co60slr

« Reply #32 on: Oct 21, 2010, 07:28 »
Welder qualifications are pretty simple to figure out.  Oh crud.... [OT]
Easy...until someone with NDT quals passes through with some film and a Co-60 source.  ;)

Although with cladding...probably UT?

Not at all off-topic.  Good information for future MMs (welders, ELTs).   [coffee]

Co59 (Stable Nuclide)

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #33 on: Oct 21, 2010, 10:05 »
I prefer N16.
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #34 on: Oct 21, 2010, 11:10 »
I prefer N16.

You fade after 7 seconds? ;)

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Oct 23, 2010, 02:16 »
What is that?!?!? Some kind of Week 13 humor or something?!?!?! Get back to study hours pal!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P [dink] :stupidme: :old: [Flamer]

;)

haha no week 8 ;)
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?