Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Airport honeypot

Author Topic: Airport  (Read 11339 times)

Fermi2

Airport
« on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:31 »
Where the heck is the nearest airport to DC Cook?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Airport
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:33 »
Where the heck is the nearest airport to DC Cook?

A Google search yielded:

http://bartlettinc.sharestreet.net/outageinfo/dccook/default.aspx

Airport info for South Bend is last paragraph

;)
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2010, 12:34 by HydroDave63 »

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:42 »
SOUTH BEND???

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:45 »
or a verrry long drive from O'Hare

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:48 »
How far is South Bend?

I looked at the map, no directions from Southbend and coincidentally none of the roads from SW M ichigan rEgional are on that map!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:52 »
How far is South Bend?

I looked at the map, no directions from Southbend and coincidentally none of the roads from SW M ichigan rEgional are on that map!

Ok snowflake...

Mapquest yielded the following:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1pn=South+Bend+Regional+Airport+%28SBN%29&1c=South+Bend&1s=IN&1a=4477+Progress+Dr&1z=46628&1y=US&1l=41.69968&1g=-86.312225&1v=ADDRESS&1id=6142511&2c=Bridgman&2s=MI&2y=US&2l=41.942951&2g=-86.554871&2v=CITY

looks to be about 35 miles give or take.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2010, 01:07 »
Puddle-jumper to South Bend? No way.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Travel/colgan-air-3407-crash-ntsb-finds-safety-lapses/story?id=9724522

Detroit (Wayne) is the way to go. 200 miles away.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2010, 01:27 »
Yep I saw that on Yaho Maps! Thanks!

I've done the I 94 Cross State Drive. No thanks!

Jr8black3

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2010, 04:51 »
DC Cook is my home plant. South Bend is the closest, its about a 40 minute drive to the plant, but then again I know I all the back roads, its still not a bad drive, and I think you will like the area for the most part.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2010, 09:37 »
Ok snowflake...

Love it.

DC Cook is also my home plant.  South Bend 'might' be the closest as the crow flies.  But the drive is a royal pain in the ass.  I prefer to fly in/out of KZO Kalamazoo, MI.  Its a fast easy, straight shot down I-94 to the plant and local lodging.  Other Options include Grand Rapids.  -- Do not attempt to fly into/out of the 'Benton Harbor Regional Airport'.  That's basically just a place for the Whirlpool private jet to use.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2010, 06:19 »
A Google search yielded:

http://bartlettinc.sharestreet.net/outageinfo/dccook/default.aspx

Airport info for South Bend is last paragraph

;)

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2010, 06:24 by HouseDad »
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2010, 06:25 »

That looks like two guys at a Vermont airport, though I don't get the connection...

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 27, 2010, 06:28 »
BZ,

I'm house at Cook and have used every airport within reasonable distance.  Detroit Wayne is 2 + hours away in heavy traffic. Closest is South Bend (SBN).  Service by all major carriers, very small, very timely, limited flights ~ 45 miles.  Six turns from the airport to the plant.  Kalamazoo (AZO) also has limited flights but a straight shot on I-94 ~ 65 miles .  Grand Rapids (GFIA) is a very new and nice airport, lots of flights but might be too far to be practical ~ 85 miles.  Midway (MDW) is a little farther but the Chicago traffic has very heavy construction, no doubt a result of the Recovery Dollars.  If you come this way there is a relatively new Hampton Inn about four miles from the plant. PM if you need anything.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Fermi2

« Reply #13 on: Oct 27, 2010, 09:33 »
BZ,

I'm house at Cook and have used every airport within reasonable distance.  Detroit Wayne is 2 + hours away in heavy traffic. Closest is South Bend (SBN).  Service by all major carriers, very small, very timely, limited flights ~ 45 miles.  Six turns from the airport to the plant.  Kalamazoo (AZO) also has limited flights but a straight shot on I-94 ~ 65 miles .  Grand Rapids (GFIA) is a very new and nice airport, lots of flights but might be too far to be practical ~ 85 miles.  Midway (MDW) is a little farther but the Chicago traffic has very heavy construction, no doubt a result of the Recovery Dollars.  If you come this way there is a relatively new Hampton Inn about four miles from the plant. PM if you need anything.

Thank you guys!! I prefer not to have to drive from Detroit.

Look forward to meeting you man! I believe the dates are June 13th through the 17th.

Mike next time I'm your way we'll get together. Petes ok?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?