Hatch

Above Average
17 (43.6%)
Average
12 (30.8%)
Below Average
10 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Hatch (Edwin I. Hatch)  (Read 51593 times)

mdwilcox

Re: Positions at Plant hatch
« Reply #25 on: Sep 29, 2010, 04:18 »
I applied fo the nuclear tech position and the soit position at hatch in the past month. How long does it usually take before they let you know if you are goin to test or not. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I received my testing invitation on 9/16 and took the test on 9/21 for the nuclear plant operator in training. I overheard one of the guys saying that he was scheduled to take the test again on Friday 9/24 for another position (obviously he was told that the poss/mass test we took on 9/21 would cover any other positions that required the test). I think you may have missed out this time around. I got my results back today and was told I qualified. Now I wait....

Buddy

Re: Hatch (Edwin I. Hatch)
« Reply #26 on: Sep 29, 2010, 11:19 »
BigBlackFord - I applied for the Hatch SOIT position on the 4th. I was invited to test on the 18th and tested on the 27th.

tselby

« Reply #27 on: Sep 30, 2010, 03:18 »
I applied to be an SRO, was contacted within a month and scheduled testing and interview 3 weeks later. Anyone fill me in on the testing for the SRO position, is it anything like the Exelon testing?

tselby

« Reply #28 on: Oct 28, 2010, 09:06 »
I tested on Oct 14th, interview for SRO on the 15th received an offer letter for SRO on the 25th..........

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #29 on: Nov 04, 2010, 03:25 »
Sounds like you were on the receiving end.     >:( 

at least it wasn't one of those "calibrated pool box sticks"  ;)

Offline Rock Chalk Jayhawk

• Light User
  • Stay positive, and love your life!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2010, 06:14 »
I tested on Tuesday, Nov 16th, and found out yesterday that I passed. The interview seemed to go well, so now I too will have to play the waiting game. ;)
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:45 »
Here's my update... I got the offer today! :D

Now I REALLY need to find a decent rental...this could be interesting.

Rock Chalk
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

duke99301

« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2010, 12:29 »
good luck I heard they got slammed by inpo  just now.

bigblackford

« Reply #33 on: Nov 30, 2010, 09:47 »
Hey rock hawk when is your start date and how long did your processing take

• Light User
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2010, 09:49 »
Haven't started that yet. Supposed to find out today when I need to go back down to Baxley to begin...

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #35 on: Nov 30, 2010, 11:31 »
congrats and good luck on new job
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

bigblackford

« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2010, 01:09 »
O ok ill keep an eye out for a place to rent i live close by what position are you up for

• Light User
« Reply #37 on: Nov 30, 2010, 03:09 »
NPO in Training.

jongular

« Reply #38 on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:21 »
Question:

Any luck with rentals in the area? Did my interview at Plant Hatch on Monday, hopefully hear back with an offer soon. Would have to start on April 1st, therefore not a lot of time to get settled in.

Been looking around at different sites, but hard to find much. Lovins realty looks good, but its really the only one I've found.

Thanks
Jules

tselby

« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:47 »
Like in the other Hatch thread try this as a starting point, due to Hatch's location (middle of no where) temporary lodging might be tough.........

" Try this as a starting point, rents i am sure have changed but not alot.... Good luck

http://www.baxleynewsbanner.com/pages/classifieds
"

jongular

« Reply #40 on: Mar 03, 2011, 09:01 »
Thanks for the info.

I took a look through there, but nothing stood out initially. If I get the offer I'll be calling some of the rental / realty offices and see what is available.

Housing prices seem pretty good though, so buying doesn't seem like a bad option. Just don't want to rush things.

Thanks again
Jules

RUFFSTUFF

« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:45 »
NPO in Training.

I'm coming for you, Jayhawk!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?