Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear MM getting out after 12 yrs looking for advice. honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear MM getting out after 12 yrs looking for advice.  (Read 23733 times)

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Nuclear MM getting out after 12 yrs looking for advice.
« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2010, 04:32 »
oh yeah, thank you notes is a good one!!!  I did that.  might have helped.  I did get hired, not sure if the thank you notes had any effect.

I had a little booklet made with a bunch of highlights in it (old evals, qualifications like fire fighting school, college transcripts etc).  I KNOW that helped, I was told it did by interviewers.

Offline jimbo0697

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2010, 11:29 »
Thanks for all the advice.  It really does help a lot.  There are definitely good people here.  I understand a uniform doesn't make a leader.  I've had good and bad leaders thus far.  It really is how you take care of your guys  that truly matters.  If they respect you due to how you take care of them they will work harder to ensure you are successfull. I care a lot about the guys that I work with and the guys that work directly under me.  I try and make sure these guys are taken care of first.  I have enjoyed my time in the Navy, however as I've said before it is definitely time for transition.  Thanks for all the info. It has definitely helped understand the process out here more. I hope everyone here finds this information as helpful as myself. Take care all.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010, 11:08 by jimbo0697 »

Offline jimbo0697

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2010, 11:37 »
I almost forgot to mention I've been qualified EWS/EDPO for close to three years now.  I have applied to thomas Edison for graduation and they have said I should have my degree in and by Dec 15. From Thomas Edison I have a 4.0 GPA.  It is a degree in nuclear engineering technology I'm not too sure how much a difference that will make but I hope it will help.  I've been leading first for Machinery Division for a while.  I take a lot of pride in my work ethic and performance at my job.  Sorry I didn't mention this before.  Take care all.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #28 on: Nov 11, 2010, 10:01 »
VPs of nuclear utilities have the Thomas Edison degree. YMMV.

Fermi2

« Reply #29 on: Nov 11, 2010, 03:32 »
Best VP, later Sr VP that I ever worked for had an Associates In Math. He'd spin the other VPs in the company up by saying an Associates and an SRO License is all a man ever needed. I haven't seen him since I left Fermi but I haven't worked for a VP before or sine that was anywhere near that good.

nukeman58

« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2010, 10:47 »
jimbo0697 - Explore the Nuclear Industry outside of 'operations'.  Check out the job boards of the big 3 Nuclear Fabricators and Service Companies (Areva, GE, Westinghouse).  Get in on the Nuclear Renaissance.  As a hiring Manager in the Quality arena, the top attributes on my job postings are BS degree and Navy Nuclear experience, and not necessarily in that order.  I may be a little biased (26 year Navy Nuc - Subs -EMCS (SS) - LDO - LCDR), but so what?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 14, 2010, 11:06 »
Best VP, later Sr VP that I ever worked for had an Associates In Math. He'd spin the other VPs in the company up by saying an Associates and an SRO License is all a man ever needed. I haven't seen him since I left Fermi but I haven't worked for a VP before or sine that was anywhere near that good.

Was he the Plant Manager at Clinton Power Station in the 80s? Sounds familiar.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?