Career Path > Getting in

Getting In [Power Plants] FAQs - Read Before Posting

<< < (2/3) > >>

troyrw17:
As far as trade unions go...I'm a union carpenter.  I've worked at Point Beach in WI for the last 6 outages and am just beginning to travel.  It is like running full steam into a brick wall.  I have my name on 2/3 of the spring outage plants out of work lists.  It seems that if you haven't been to that plant before...forget it.  It's very frustrating and any help or insight would be great.

tr:
Some plants, such as San Onofre and Columbia, may have a harder time staffing up, given their distance from most other plants.  For example, people who live in Georgia may rather work the southeast than drive clear across the country for a temporary job.  If a plant finds it difficult to meet it's staffing needs, they may be more willing to consider someone who hasn't worked there before.

ajjeeper89:
I know this is a dead/old thread but im currently working DOE as a jr. hp whats the best way to get into the NRC side of the field as a hp thanks!

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: ajjeeper89 on Mar 13, 2018, 11:29 ---I know this is a dead/old thread but im currently working DOE as a jr. hp whats the best way to get into the NRC side of the field as a hp thanks!

--- End quote ---

800-225-0385

GLW:

--- Quote from: Rennhack on Mar 13, 2018, 06:37 ---800-225-0385

--- End quote ---

or maybe 800-282-2882?

heheheheheh,...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version