Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best 12 Hrs Shift schedule honeypot

Author Topic: Best 12 Hrs Shift schedule  (Read 15940 times)

mohsinaly

Best 12 Hrs Shift schedule
« on: Nov 04, 2010, 04:49 »
Hi everyone:

I'm new to this site and I wanted some suggestions from you guys about best 12-hrs shift schedule for 5-crew dept. We're trying to push for 12hrs shift starting Jan 01,2011 which allow us max time off with built-in OT ;) So guys please let me know whats working best for you guys at your plant with the new NRC fatigue rule.
Thanks!

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Best 12 Hrs Shift schedule
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2010, 07:14 »
At my plant we use a rotating five week schedule, 4-10s training week with an 8 day break.  There are two weeks with built in overtime.

M T W Th F S Su  M T W Th F S Su  M T W Th F S Su  M T W Th F S Su  M T W Th F S Su
O O O  O  N N  N   O O O  D  D D D   O  T T  T  T O O   N N N  N  O O O   D  D  D  O O O O

O - Off
N - Nights
D - Days
T - Training

The real downside to this schedule in my opinion is the one day off between the second week of 3 days and the training week.  It makes for a long stretch, you can't get anything done on one day off.  But the eight day breaks more than make up for it.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2010, 07:33 »
On the Friday nightshift, does that start Thursday night?

Offline Bleyse

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2010, 10:02 »
No, it's a 7 to 7 shift.  So you go in Friday Night at 7pm, get off Saturday morning at 7am.  Back in Saturday 7pm, off Sunday 7am.  Sunday night at 7pm then off Monday morning at 7am, etc.

mohsinaly

« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2010, 02:33 »
Thank you so much. I will present it to the crew to see what they think of it. Is it possible for you to email me the actual schedule from your plant in excel so I don't have to re-invent the wheel? My email is mohsinaly@gmail.com   Thanks!

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2010, 11:02 »
Rotating 12's only on a four week schedule, similar to the one posted by Bleyse. Also called the Dupont shift. Training is scheduled during your last week before long break. 20 hours OT built into the shift and a 7 or 8 day break depending on how you look at it.

amn7382

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2010, 08:19 »
I have done an industry study very recently. Send me an email at anestico@pplweb.com and i'll send you the ten schedules I have gotten from the industry. All are a little different.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?