Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu misdemeanor question honeypot

Author Topic: misdemeanor question  (Read 5606 times)

ProtonAL

misdemeanor question
« on: Nov 05, 2010, 03:23 »
I am very interested in the field of Nuclear operations. but I have couple thing on my juvenile record and one thing on my adult record. Juvenile record: possession of THC when I was 16, Resisting arrest and attempted theft when I was 15, and Two liquor violations (one was possession and one was drinking). Adult record: Obstruction when I was 18. Since then I have cleaned up my act and stayed away from drugs, and drink minimally. I have also gone to College and received an A.A.S. I am also 21 now. I am willing to do whatever it takes to get this position!!!!!  :)

Every one of these are expunged and have been dismissed.  Also are Juvenile records sealed? Do you have to disclose everything?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

ProtonAL

Re: misdemeanor question
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2010, 03:50 »
Thanks HydroDave63! but that kinda only answers some of my concerns.

Is there a certain amount of time that needs to pass from all these misdemeanors?
Is there a Limit to how many misdemeanors you can have?

Im sorry for asking such dumb questions I'm just a newbie trying to get all the info I can.
I really appreciate your responses and opinions!!

Offline Bud1Bud

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2010, 08:46 »
Disclose everything.  Hide nothing.

Don't waste your time and money trying to get your record expunged... you will never get it completely cleaned up in a reasonable amount of time, and they will still find out somehow.  Right now, there are private databases that have your record in there.  The municipal courts get the expungement order, however, noone forces all the private companies with old info to purge their databases.  Expungement is expensive and slow (Especially in TX)

Explain in writing that you have been walking the straight and narrow for a while, and that you have learned lessons from your past actions... There is a part of the security application that gives you a whole page to explain.... you can attach more paper if you need to.

Also, think twice while you are at the bar... can you really afford to have this next drink?  What if you get pulled over?  What if they arrest you?  That HAS TO BE DISCLOSED.

Think three times when you are at the bar, or at the movies, or at a concert... can you really afford to beat the guy's ass who is staring at your girlfriend?  You may win the fight, but if arrested, you will have to DISCLOSE... EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT CHARGED!

You have to figure out what's important in life.  One moment of trying to be the man, one little slip-up, and you are DISCLOSING.
I've had to check myself, and it's hard at first... how bad do you want to get the job?  How bad do you want to keep the job?

Good luck.

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2010, 09:30 »
Gotta agree with Bud.  You would be amazed at what people with clearances have done in their past.  Be brutally honest!  If you've been a good boy for the last three years and are honest with those working on your clearance, you stand a pretty good shot.  Again, what Bud said, THINK, THINK, THINK!  Always think of the consequences of all your actions.  It's not worth losing a job just to have that extra drink or defending your so called "manhood".  This is a great business.  I can't think of too many positions that pay what nuclear does without a four year degree.  Good luck and keep us informed.  A positive personal story lifts us all up!   
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

Graphic

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:58 »
I know I am new to the site but I've been a long time reader on these forums just never posted. I actually work in the background department and do backgrounds for about 12-13 plants across the country. Per NEI regulations anything before your 18th birthday doesn't even matter so don't list it. The biggest problem we have with people filling out paperwork is NOT READING what you are filling out. I can't tell you how many times I have people give me way more information than I need.

If you've never worked nuclear then you will have to go back to your 18th birthday regarding criminal history. Parking tickets, speeding tickets etc you don't even have to list. It's only for things you actually got detained for or charges such as possession etc. Does it hurt to disclose tickets? No, but not mandatory.

All cases vary and every plant/utility is different as well. Some plants are more strict than others. If you have only had one thing since your 18th  birthday and that was an obstruction of justice charge (assuming its not felony) then you will be just fine. Nothing you listed would hold you back from being employed with us.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?