Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Double Dipping Per Diem  

Author Topic: Double Dipping Per Diem  (Read 35374 times)

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Double Dipping Per Diem
« Reply #25 on: Jan 01, 2011, 12:49 »
      Once again, people are trying to figure out whats going on in someone else's back yard.
Ive been working in the Nuclear biz for 20 years, and its always been an issue. An issue that is usually brought up by the ones traveling alone.

Maybe some have forgotten, Diem is a compensatory fund for living away from home. Not monies for paying the bills back home. There is no difference between my wife and I sharing a rental, while working away from home, and two roomates splitting the rent.
    And did someone post that it is cheaper for two people to eat, than it is for one? Pa-leese.

No.  Nobody said any such thing.
I wrote the following:  It is much cheaper for a married couple to live and eat than it would be for two other employees who have no relationship.

Even though I agree with your post in every regard, it pisses me off when somebody who wasn't paying attention misquotes me.  Read a little more carefully next time.  Pa-leese.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Sun Dog

« Reply #26 on: Jan 01, 2011, 08:31 »

And did someone post that it is cheaper for two people to eat, than it is for one?    

It is much cheaper for a married couple to live and eat...

Not word-for-word accuracy but close enough.  But you have to admit, one plate is usually cheaper than two...

And those post coital breakfasts with sated goofy goobers sitting on the same side of the booth, eating off the same plate, should also be subject to some sort of monetary reevaluation and reimbursement also.

« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2011, 08:43 by Sun Dog »

Sun Dog

« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2011, 01:24 »
Everyone knows that it costs a single guy much more than married folks traveling as a team or single women traveling alone.  The single guy will spend a considerable amount of cash in his quest for a post coital breakfast.  The married couple, not so much; the single woman, hardly any at all (but that will vary).

Single men should get 100% of the going rate for per diem.

Married couples should get 50% of the rate.

It is tricky determining the fair per diem rate for single women.  Somewhere between 0% and 25% seems right.

The same sliding scale should be used when determining hourly pay rates.

BTW - if you don't stir the pot, the refrieds stick to the bottom, and we wouldn't want that would we?
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2011, 01:33 by Sun Dog »

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #28 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:38 »
Code: [Select]
Posted by: Sun Dog 
Insert Quote
Everyone knows that it costs a single guy much more than married folks traveling as a team or single women traveling alone.  The single guy will spend a considerable amount of cash in his quest for a post coital breakfast.  The married couple, not so much; the single woman, hardly any at all (but that will vary).

It is tricky determining the fair per diem rate for single women.  Somewhere between 0% and 25% seems right.

BTW - if you don't stir the pot, the refrieds stick to the bottom, and we wouldn't want that would we?

What about - equal job = equal pay & equal diem  ;D :stupidme:

Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Sun Dog

« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:26 »
Code: [Select]
Posted by: Sun Dog 
Insert Quote
Everyone knows that it costs a single guy much more than married folks traveling as a team or single women traveling alone.  The single guy will spend a considerable amount of cash in his quest for a post coital breakfast.  The married couple, not so much; the single woman, hardly any at all (but that will vary).

What about - equal job = equal pay & equal diem  ;D :stupidme:

Hey M...see what I mean now?

Offline jason

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:19 »
I am a single woman that travels alone and I do not get any money from anywhere else or anyone. I am a Sr. Health Physics and I have travelled alone for 27 years.  I have the  money  that I earn So, that comment generalizing single women with married couples with two paychecks and two per diems checks is BULL!!

Offline retread

• Old, fat meter reader
  • Heavy User
  • Every day above ground is a good one
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:06 »
I am a single woman that travels alone and I do not get any money from anywhere else or anyone. I am a Sr. Health Physics and I have travelled alone for 27 years.  I have the  money  that I earn So, that comment generalizing single women with married couples with two paychecks and two per diems checks is BULL!!
Wow, looks like Sundog should have used a few emoticons! You didn't really take him seriously, did you?
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be patient and kind.
In speech, be true.
In ruling, be just.
In business, be competent.

IPREGEN

« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2011, 12:08 »
Many techs do the roomate(s) thing. How is that any different than a married couple where each collect diem.
I never saw the "life is fair" rulebook but if I did I'm sure it would include the order of layoffs, shift schedule, days off and who works harder than who at the same pay. Let the lawyers, accountants and bar tenders hear it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?