Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu background check

Author Topic: background check  (Read 5468 times)

bigblackford

background check
« on: Nov 15, 2010, 10:11 »
On the background check it ask for any thing since your 18th birthday or five years. The only tickets i have had written were at the age sixteen  which is over five years ago. The tickets were underage possession of alchohol and a window tint ticket. The officer had a chip on his shoulder when he pulled me over, I was actually the designated driver for my buddy who had the alcohol and was drunk . When I went to see the judge he realized what happened and tore up the underage posession ticket as long as i would pay a reduced fine for the window tint ticket. please reply by private message because i can view them on my phone

JustinHEMI05

Re: background check
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2010, 08:17 »
This is nothing. Tell the truth and leave out embellishments about who had what chip on their shoulder. Nothing but the facts, and you will be fine.

Graphic

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:04 »
You don't have to list anything before your 18th birthday. You also don't list any kind of tickets unless you were detained. Speeding, parking tickets etc they do not care about.

Goodluck

Sun Dog

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:48 »
You don't have to list anything before your 18th birthday. You also don't list any kind of tickets unless you were detained. Speeding, parking tickets etc they do not care about.

Goodluck

A power house on the east coast use to care quite a bit about any traffic ticket that resulted in fines in excess of a certain dollar amount.  Back in the late 80's the magic number was about $200.  Obviously things may have changed since then.

Trust but verify.

Graphic

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2010, 12:47 »
A power house on the east coast use to care quite a bit about any traffic ticket that resulted in fines in excess of a certain dollar amount.  Back in the late 80's the magic number was about $200.  Obviously things may have changed since then.

Trust but verify.

I've only been in the field for 2 years now but during my time here the only time we ever did anything with traffic tickets was in the case of being detained. Many states, such as Georgia, now have "Superspeeder" laws which makes the offense more serious. From the cases I've dealt with like that it was mostly just a suspended license for a certain period of time. That won't affect your access most times but it does prohibit you from driving on site or company property.

My suggestion to people is to list it if not sure. Better to be safe than sorry but I've never come across someone getting denied for not listing tickets or anything like that.

There is a standard but sometimes it comes down to who the investigator is that gets your paperwork. Some are a little more forgiving in certain circumstances and some don't budge whatsoever.

Again though anything before your 18th birthday, per NEI procedures, does not need to be listed.

Goodluck!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:07 »
Good info, thanks graphic.my answer was the "better safe than sorry" type.   :) +K coming your way when my allowance resets.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:29 »
As someone who recently attempted to report a speeding ticket to my plant's security office, I can tell you that a speeding ticket with a fine < $200.00 did not have to be reported.  I'm pretty sure this was consistent with my original security questionnaire I filled out when I got hired.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?