Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Just tested and interviewed! honeypot

Author Topic: Just tested and interviewed!  (Read 15673 times)

Offline Rock Chalk Jayhawk

• Light User
  • Stay positive, and love your life!
Just tested and interviewed!
« on: Nov 16, 2010, 09:46 »
I took the POSS today and did my interview for NPOIT at plant Hatch today!  I feel pretty confident about my performance on the test, and the interview seemed to go very well also!  I'm maintaining the job search, but am quite optimistic about Hatch.  It's one plant in a location I actually have some ties to.  I'll be sure to post the results as I get them.  Seeing as how yesterday was day one of my separation leave, being hired by SNC and starting for them in January (hypothetical scenario from the interview) would be optimal. 

One question, though:  immediately after my interview, they had someone come show me to the simulator; is this a positive indicator, or should I not read anything into it? 

Thanks to everyone for your help!   [thanks]
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
Re: Just tested and interviewed!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:03 »
Don't think that they would have wasted the time if you didn't do well.  This is only from a long time not whiney RP now a QA Manager. Hope it goes well and Baxley is where you want to be. Paula Deen's is just down the road in Savannah.
Best of luck,
LM

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:53 »
Good luck and keep us posted!

JsonD13

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2010, 03:53 »
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,26032.msg133563/topicseen.html#new

To each his own I guess.

Jason

_____________________________ __________

First of all,

Thank you Justin and LM...  I'd also like to state that YES, I know that there are those in the industry that wouldn"t DREAM of "settling" for a wage of peanuts offered by SNC.  I've tried to get in with TVA, Duke, and Entergy.  The only one of those I could actually talk to was Entergy, and they wanted me for an AO position but had no openings.  At this point, I'm thankful to have a job (possibly) waiting for me so I don't have to re-enlist.  Bradley Morris got me the interview w/Entergy, but the only offer I've been able to get with their help was a Mobile Calibration Tech position for 41,500...3 weeks of travel, 2 weeks off...no thanks, I'd rather reenlist.  Thank you for the attempted heads-up, Jason, but I've read that posting, and as a father I'm not willing to gamble with my family's future by waiting for Bradley Morris to come through or for another utility in the Southeast to contact me out of their good graces.  SNC isn't the only entity out to make a buck-I am too.  Problem is, I can't make any money being unemployed.  ;)

Thanks again, all...I'll keep you posted!
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

Deannatroy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:09 »
Hi. I am a new user so I am just messaging everyone I see online. I am 17 and just joined the Navy. I got an 87 on the ASVAB, but a 238 on NUKE so I have to take the test to get in. I am currently a CTR, but have been advised by my recruiter and the Chief to try to go NUKE. COuld you tell me if this is a good choice and what this test consist of? Yesterday was the first I had ever heard of NUKE so I could use all the help I can get. Also, I am unable to view the practice tests, and I would really like to do some of them. I NEED HELP!!!!! Thanks

• Light User

Deannatroy

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2010, 07:21 »

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:10 »
This just in from HR:

[dowave][dowave][dowave]
I PASSED THE POSS!!!!!!

Now I just have to be patient and wait for some good news come Monday!
I have a feeling this is gonna be a looooong weekend. :)
Thanks again for all your help and support,

Rock Chalk

Offline vokeysand

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:47 »
Congrats and good luck!!

mwdavis

« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2010, 03:06 »

One question, though:  immediately after my interview, they had someone come show me to the simulator; is this a positive indicator, or should I not read anything into it? 

A friend of mine interviewed for that same jobe about a month ago. He was shown the simulator also right after the interview. He was offered a job. Don't know if there is a correlation there......

Good luck

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2010, 08:32 »
A friend of mine interviewed for that same jobe about a month ago. He was shown the simulator also right after the interview. He was offered a job. Don't know if there is a correlation there....

Well, here it is, Turkey Eve, and no word from SNC...I was hoping to have an extra something to be thankful for tomorrow. Now I have to simmer until Monday at a minimum...arrgh!

Pman52

« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2010, 08:44 »
Well, here it is, Turkey Eve, and no word from SNC...I was hoping to have an extra something to be thankful for tomorrow. Now I have to simmer until Monday at a minimum...arrgh!
I feel your pain.  Chin up, atleast we have the time with our families and significant others to enjoy tomorrow.  I'm going to try not to think about it.  SNC is not in any hurry to get back to anyone right now it seems.  :(

Have a happy thanksgiving and I hope we both hear something soon...  +K

shiftman

« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:00 »

Typically, there is not a lot of activity that takes place during weeks where one or more holidays occur. While plant operations do continue, most managers (H.R., Maint., Eng. W.C., etc.) do not plan for any substantive activities during this time. Most everyone is just hoping for an uneventful week so that they can enjoy the time at home instead of at the plant fighting some unexpected issue. IMHO, the fact that you have not heard anything this week is to be expected.

Fermi2

« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2010, 06:48 »
Lots of HR departments literally shutdown from about a week prior to Turkey Day until after New Years.

shiftman

« Reply #15 on: Nov 25, 2010, 11:21 »
We had labor contracts that provided "front end loaded" vacation and sick leave benefits for hourly workers and accrued benefits for salaried workers. This meant that if we hired an hourly worker in November or December, they received benefits for the year. As such, it was more cost effective to delay hiring an hourly worker until the first of the new year unless there was an urgent need. 

Fermi2

« Reply #16 on: Nov 25, 2010, 12:32 »
TVA is actually pretty simple, you acrue 4 hours of sick leave per pay period. There is no limit as to how much you can acrue.
Depending on how much government time you have (and yes the Military counts) you get either 4, 6 or 8 hours vacation per pay period. Once you get the time you can use it there is no waiting period. Same with benefits, the day you are hired you are benefit eligible.

shiftman

« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2010, 06:38 »
TVA is actually pretty simple, you acrue 4 hours of sick leave per pay period. There is no limit as to how much you can acrue.
Depending on how much government time you have (and yes the Military counts) you get either 4, 6 or 8 hours vacation per pay period. Once you get the time you can use it there is no waiting period. Same with benefits, the day you are hired you are benefit eligible.

TVA uses a basic salaried arrangement. By and large, TVA folks are represented by some facet of a Building Trades (B&T) Union and not some for of industrial union that is found at many other nuke environments. 

Fermi2

« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2010, 06:22 »
TVA uses a basic salaried arrangement. By and large, TVA folks are represented by some facet of a Building Trades (B&T) Union and not some for of industrial union that is found at many other nuke environments. 

I heard some place I'm a manager at TVA. Maybe I was wrong HOWEVER the majority of TVA employees are represented by the IBEW which I guess I heard once vaguely might be the type of industrial union that somewhat almost kind of represents the majority of represented personnel in the nuclear industry.

BTW TVA Vacation policy is not a negotiated item. All TVA personnel regardless of job are under the same policy. At least that is somewhat almost my belief.

MacGyver

« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:04 »

I heard some place I'm a manager at TVA.

"BroadZilla (aka Callahan) you're on desk duty ... turn in your weapon ...."

[dowave] [whistle] [dowave]

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2011, 07:38 by MacGyver »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #20 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:11 »

Cycoticpenguin

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2010, 05:26 »
 [hijack]

In an attempt to return the thread to it's full upright and locked position:

I got the offer from SNC!  I won't have to flip burgers in between the Navy and my real job! YAY!

Thank you all for your advice, kind (even the not-so-kind) words, and well-wishes.  They (and you) are very much appreciated!

[thanks] [salute]

Rock Chalk

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #23 on: Nov 29, 2010, 05:30 »
Congrats man!!! Good luck!

Pman52

« Reply #24 on: Nov 29, 2010, 05:59 »
Congratulations!  Great news after a long weekend!  Good luck and best wishes in all your future endeavors.   +K

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?