*sigh* Childish
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2010, 08:15 by nukecurious »

Offline Rock Chalk Jayhawk

• Light User
  • Stay positive, and love your life!
Re: Drugs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:29 »
I'll put it this way...

The only way this field operates is by verbatim policy.  Whatever answer you get from that is the only answer necessary.  That being said, I've only seen MJ waived for nuke enlisted in the last 3 years I've spent in recruiting.  Also, those waivers were only for a small handful of times used.  The rest of the gamut of substances....not so much.  Mind you, this was for enlisted, so I'm betting a few Diet Cokes that the NUPOC program is even more stringent in it's qualification standards.  Good things rarely ever come as a result of bad choices.  I know this isn't what you want to hear, but when all else fails....what's in the procedure?

Good luck,

Rock Chalk
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:55 »
It's spelled out pretty clearly in COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2D (Officer Recruiting Manual) Chapter 2, section 020903
www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/Directives/1131%202D_CHAPTER%202_CH3.pdf

"a. Nuclear Propulsion Programs. No officer or officer candidate will be accepted into the Nuclear Propulsion Program
including officers assigned to Naval Reactors' staff, who has:
(3) Abused illicit drugs (other than marijuana)."

EDIT: Fixed the reference and URL to reflect the correct source document
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2010, 08:42 by sovbob »
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:04 »
It's spelled out pretty clearly in COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2D (Officer Recruiting Manual) Chapter 3, section 020903
www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/Directives/1131%202D_CHAPTER%201_CH3.pdf

"a. Nuclear Propulsion Programs. No officer or officer candidate will be accepted into the Nuclear Propulsion Program
including officers assigned to Naval Reactors' staff, who has:
(3) Abused illicit drugs (other than marijuana)."

Awesome!  I'm on terminal leave right now, so I no longer have my government computer with all my CNRC instructions and forms, but if the OP wasn't going to search online for his answers (or ask the recruiters point-blank), I sure wasn't going to search it out-just tell him what I can remember straight off the top of my head.

Rock Chalk
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

nukecurious

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:10 »
Yah, that was the exact answer I was looking for, thanks. I'd rather figure this out through the forum than go hand the government a written confession just to be denied. Guess its time to start looking into some good law schools - not ready to stop studying yet :)

co60slr

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:13 »
Awesome!  I'm on terminal leave right now, so I no longer have my government computer with all my CNRC instructions and forms, but if the OP wasn't going to search online for his answers (or ask the recruiters point-blank), I sure wasn't going to search it out-just tell him what I can remember straight off the top of my head.

Rock Chalk
Honestly, I hate these threads.   If anyone is stupid enough to publicly announce his/her drug use in a nuclear forum, while asking about an Officer Program then no further help/comment is required.

#cricketschirping

nukecurious

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:19 »
Are you serious? your website has 359 results for the word weed on google....

co60slr

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:26 »
I'm working on that.  (Not my website though).

Meanwhile, go Google me someone from your list that made it into NUPOC after posting "I tried everything possibly illegal" here.

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2010, 06:30 by Co60Slr »

tselby

« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:36 »
Is this guy serious????? really ??? I think BM suit his needs just fine!!

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:39 »
I'm working on that.  (Not my website though).

Meanwhile, go Google me someone from your list that made it into NUPOC after posting "I tried everything possibly illegal" here.

ROFL [jerry] ROFL

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:39 »
I haven't seen 1 mention of drugs outside of weed on this forum, other than the verbatim policy...so I figure atleast 1 person has gone down this route.

Real simple question, does a guy with a MBA,BS/ME in Electrical Engineering and EIT certification (3.8 range for all 3 degrees) who hasn't smoked weed in a year but has tried every drug under the sun 6 years ago during college not get in to the NUPOC program?

I'm specifically interested in a non-FA submarine

The only sub you are riding is at Disneyland, if that!

tselby

« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:48 »
maybe he can join Capt Nemo at 20000 leagues under the sea

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2010, 07:20 »

It's not his site, as he mentioned.  I understand by 'his site', you mean the site he defends, promotes, and visits.  But it's really not any more 'his' than it is the site of those 359 people that asked about weed.

You have to consider the source when you ask these questions.  These people are the products of that program you are looking to enter.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?