Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Packing up my life, literally  

Author Topic: Packing up my life, literally  (Read 4517 times)

Offline Valet

• Light User
Packing up my life, literally
« on: Nov 24, 2010, 07:37 »
I am in DEP currently with a ship date of Jan 6, 2011.  My biggest concern at this moment is preparing to start my life in South Carolina.  All of my questions stem from this.
1.  What is the best way for me to receive some belongings at A school? and when, if applicable.
2.  When can I reasonably expect to make it back home for a few days or so (Wisconsin)?
3.  What sorts of things are best left at home? (I'm thinking about things like a tv, personal computer, iPod, receiver, amp, sub woofers, ps3, my car, etc.)
4.  What sorts of things should I have shipped from home?  (favorite pair of jeans, pictures, my teddy bear[just kidding], CD/DVD collection, tv, computer, etc.)

I have an idea of what I'd like to put in a few boxes to be mailed to me when/if I get to A School, but I'd like to make sure I won't be attracting unwanted attention.  Thank you for reading this and thank you if you respond.

Fermi2

Re: Packing up my life, literally
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2010, 06:49 »
All asked before. You're about to be a Nuke. SEARCH function.

Offline Valet

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2010, 10:25 »
So I searched for at least 30 minutes on this site and elsewhere on the internet and didn't find much help before I made the post.  (I now know quite a bit about a dity move, though).  After reading zilla's helpful encouragement I looked for another 45ish minutes.  I'm not finding the specific information I'm looking for.  Can someone throw me a bone?  Keywords or a link would be amazing.

Searh terms that didn't work: preparing for boot, "preparing for boot", "preparing for a school", preparing for nnptc", "how to pack", "what to bring", "moving to a school", etc.

JustinHEMI05

Offline Valet

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2010, 02:46 »
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,17568.0.html

I can't believe it.  The answer to my question was in that gosh darn post.  And I've read EVERY post in EVERY topic in that ENTIRE list of topics before.  No foolin'.  Thanks Justin. 

Color me embarrassed.

PS (For those who are interested) My plan is to travel to SC with NO "new things" like clothes, books, MY CELL PHONE, and iPod that my parents could give me after graduation.  I will have a few boxes ready to be shipped to me (laptop, cell phone, clothes, books, iPod, PS3, shoes, and my watch) once I get the OK in A school.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2010, 06:22 »
You will have more room when you get to prototype and are out on your own.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2010, 02:58 »
I can't believe it.  The answer to my question was in that gosh darn post.  And I've read EVERY post in EVERY topic in that ENTIRE list of topics before.  No foolin'.  Thanks Justin. 

Color me embarrassed.

PS (For those who are interested) My plan is to travel to SC with NO "new things" like clothes, books, MY CELL PHONE, and iPod that my parents could give me after graduation.  I will have a few boxes ready to be shipped to me (laptop, cell phone, clothes, books, iPod, PS3, shoes, and my watch) once I get the OK in A school.

honestly dude, dont sweat it. They have everything you need or want at the NEX there, and theres a mall within 10 minutes of your BEQ's. Good luck on your schooling. :)  You are allowed to own whatever you want... computers and that stuff are fine from day 1. Its your civilian clothes that get you guys in trouble.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?