Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NukeWorker Logo

Poll

Which is your favorite NukeWorker Logo

I really love the new logo
I still prefer the old Blue Logo
I prefer the old Orange Logo
None of the above, I still prefer one of the other logos from the contest.

Author Topic: NukeWorker Logo  (Read 30612 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
NukeWorker Logo
« on: Nov 24, 2010, 01:42 »
Now that have had two years (oh my, has it been that long already?) to get used to the new NukeWorker logo, what do you think?  Has it grown on you?

Here is a link to the posting with the logo designs we considered:

Nukeworker Logo Contest

In April, NukeWorker will be 12 years old, those darn pre-teens.

« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010, 09:39 by Rennhack »

Sun Dog

Re: NukeWorker Logo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2010, 01:06 »
Now that have had two years (oh my, has it been that long already?) to get used to the new NukeWorker logo, what do you think?  Has it grown on you?

Here is a link to the posting with the logo designs we considered:

Nukeworker Logo Contest

In April, NukeWorker will be 12 years old, those darn pre-teens.

IMNSHO...the current and all of the proposed logos are juvenile and do not reflect professionalism.  The logos match the aforementioned pre-teen stage.

Offline Frankie Love

• Very Heavy User
  • You don't miss the water...until the well runs dry
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2010, 03:40 »
I would have to agree. Take the logo and bring it up-to-date. Even if it is one of the more recognizable logos it never hurts to update things. Look at the Bartlett logo for example. Plus, the guy has always looked like one of the SFP divers. Bubble hoods are outdated and the rest. “Time for a new pair of shoes for the little guy!”

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2010, 07:33 »

Way back when Camella agreed with me that we should have a more professional look.  It seems that Sundog agrees also.  Most Nukeworkers do not dress like our Nukeworker. They may not like the cartoonish versus a professional image on  items like coffee mugs shirts etc.

I would give Christmas Gifts of Coffee Mugs with a Professional look to my co-workers.

I wrote this about 2 years ago and  would like a vote on this. What one would like to buy plus to promote the nuclear industry.  This will cover alot more aspects of it.

I seen The Rennhack UPS and read the Camella Design.   I then came up with one while looking at the Chemical Corps Emblem
Here it is    Have Elementis Regamus Proleium Replaced by Nuclearis Potestatis Praestitius, Which is Nuclear power is Superior. Have NukeWorker.com at the very bottom of the bluefield half.  Remove the stump from the bluefield and add a neutron splitting a Atom representing fission. The blue will be the cherenkov radiation. In the Yellow Field have A earth in the yellow field representing the earth bathed in the life giving yellow glow of the Fusion reaction of the Sun. The Earth can also represent Clean energy especially when compared to coal and Fossil fuels.  Ask my buddies in Kingston TN about the billion gallons of fly ash sludge, Also of course the Tons of Coal mined, compared to Uranium,  Less radioactive released in air etc.  I am not a Artist so maybe someone reading this can whip this up.

I think this would be cool especially if you explained the Fusion and Fission on the emblem to everyone and what the latin meant.  Someone would have to check my Latin to see if it makes sense.

I think Nuke Navy, Army, Nuke Power would all like it!! I bet you would sell more stuff and get more people to look at this website.

Vote on it, or add this concept as a option.

« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2010, 07:56 by thenukeman »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2010, 09:12 »
I like the current Logo.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2010, 10:20 »
I concur with Marlin. Consistency is part of Quality Control. Coca-Cola and McD's haven't changed their logos in ages for a reason.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2010, 11:53 »
I concur with Marlin. Consistency is part of Quality Control. Coca-Cola and McD's haven't changed their logos in ages for a reason.

I concur with Dave and Marlin.

I don't think the logo is unprofessional at all. We work in a serious business, that needs some whimsy now and then. I like the whimsical logo and it is certainly the image that comes to mind when I think of the site, which means it makes an impression.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:05 »
While I like the idea of professionalism in my, uh... profession, I agree with HydroDave that there needs to be a place for whimsy. If this was NuclearProfessional.com it would be different, but it is NukeWorker.com which already puts it in the 'slightly less than rigidly serious' category just by the name. There are more scholarly organizations for the subject (Health Physics Society, American Nuclear Society, etc.) but this one is for and about a different aspect of the business.

[2cents]
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Frankie Love

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:08 »
Consistency is part of Quality Control. Coca-Cola and McD's haven't changed their logos in ages for a reason.

Excuse me? They haven’t change their logos? Better check again. It’s been changed a number of times throughout their history.

I think the NW guy needs a makeover. Who wears that bubble hood contraption in the industry now. If you want to please the crusty old HP types, keep the logo the same. The industry is evolving like the logo should.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:31 »
Frank,

Our logo has evolved/changed several times in the 11 years we have been online.  We just "Brought it up to date" last year to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  If we were to do such a radical re-branding, their would be a huge negative impact.  Disney might alter their logo a little over the years, but they don't throw away the mouse.  The NukeWorker guy is the NukeWorker guy.  It has brand recognition.  I don't know if your degree is in marketing or not, but the the smart money doesn't throw away 11 years of branding and mind share on a whim.  Like I said, we DID bring it up to date a year ago.  We are not changing him every year, as that would not be prudent.  It would show instability within the brand.  I didn't ask if we should change our logo.  I asked if people that liked the 2008 logo had grown to love the 2009 logo.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2010, 09:41 »
  I asked if people that liked the 2008 logo had grown to love the 2009 logo.

Great clarification, and yes!

Offline Frankie Love

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:02 »
Good point. I guess the little guy stays. What's the little guys name by-the-way?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:27 »
I believe that JustinHEMI, not HD,  used the terms 'whimsy' and 'whimsical'.

Yep. You are right. I am not sure whether the correct course of action would be to retract my statement or just agree with Justin instead of Dave...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:55 »
I didn't see that qualifier in your original post.  I saw a broadly posed question that implied this discussion was open to those of us who did not like either the 2008 or the 2009 logo.

It was a very specific question.

Now that [you] have had two years to get used to the new NukeWorker logo, has it grown on you?

Not sure how you missed... pretty much the only text in the post.  Nowhere in that posts did I say "Should we change the logo, and what would you like it to look like?"  -- That ship has sailed. 

IMNSHO...the current and all of the proposed logos are juvenile and do not reflect professionalism.  The logos match the aforementioned pre-teen stage.

It looks to me like you thought there was a NEW logo contest.  There are no proposed logos. I'm simply reflecting on the logo's past, and peoples adjustment to change.  I know how the old farts can be when it comes to change.  :old:

Personally; I like the new, friendly, logo much better than the old dead-zombie looking guy.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010, 10:57 by Rennhack »

Sun Dog

« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:58 »
A viable option may have been overlooked.  Professional organizations often have multiple 'logos' that have strong brand recognition.  Neither detracting from the other.

Take the Philadelphia Phillies for example.  They have the Philly Phanatic, a cartoonish character that appeals to the young and young at heart.  The Phillies also have a very professional logo that symbolizes professionalism and embraces their history.  The two corporate symbols are not mutually exclusive.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:01 »
A viable option may have been overlooked.  Professional organizations often have multiple 'logos' that have strong brand recognition.  Neither detracting from the other.

Take the Philadelphia Phillies for example.  They have the Philly Phanatic, a cartoonish character that appeals to the young and young at heart.  The Phillies also have a very professional logo that symbolizes professionalism and embraces their history.  The two corporate symbols are not mutually exclusive.

That would be relevent if we were talking about a logo and a mascot, but we aren't.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:08 »
That would be relevant if we were talking about a logo and a mascot, but we aren't.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010, 11:09 by Rennhack »

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:11 »
That would be relevent if we were talking about a logo and a mascot, but we aren't.

In the old days, we could have adopted a drunk fire watch as a mascot....
     Oh wait..... some did.... :P

[spank]

I know, I know.... self coached... ::)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Sun Dog

« Reply #18 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:18 »

You took the words right out of my mouth.

While you guys were splitting hairs about the terms mascots and logos, you may have missed an opportunity to have the best of both scenarios.  Too bad.  But at least group think is alive and well.

Sun Dog

« Reply #19 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:23 »

It was a very specific question.

Not specific enough to back up this statement:

I asked if people that liked the 2008 logo had grown to love the 2009 logo.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:32 »
Not specific enough to back up this statement:

You are arguing a losing battle.  Man up and admit you made an error when you read the question.  We all make mistakes.  It's how we handle them that separates and defines us.

PS.  Just because you disagree with EVERYONE, it doesn't make it "group think", it makes them right.

« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010, 11:34 by Rennhack »

Sun Dog

« Reply #21 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:52 »
You are arguing a losing battle.  Man up and admit you made an error when you read the question.  We all make mistakes.  It's how we handle them that separates and defines us.

PS.  Just because you disagree with EVERYONE, it doesn't make it "group think", it makes them right.

Wow!  Disagree with EVERYONE?  Did you help tally the votes in Florida?

Seriously, I see now where I made my error.  Anyone who reviews your original post should clearly see where you asked if the people who liked the 2008 logo had grown to love the 2009 logo.  My bad.  Manning up.

Happy now?  Better to be happy than right some times.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:12 »
Wow!  Disagree with EVERYONE?  Did you help tally the votes in Florida?

Good one.

Better to be happy than right some times.

I prefer to be happy.  I am married after all.

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:14 »
I say "leave it alone",it is a good logo and it has grown on me, but the old one was fine with me also. I like the whimsicalishness of the Logo..
Hey, I believe I just invented a new word.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:27 »
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?