Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRO Traineeship Interview  

Author Topic: SRO Traineeship Interview  (Read 27000 times)

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
Re: SRO Traineeship Interview
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 07:34 »
Go to the NRC website and search for generic fundamentals.  General Physics corporation has some good training material if you know anyone with them.

oalsayari

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 11:30 »
Jams723: I went to the NRC website. When I searched for "generic fundamentals" I found a PDF file containing a list of more than 5000 competencies (K/A). Is that the document for which I'm looking?

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 12:56 »

http://www.nrc.gov/reactors/operator-licensing.html

Upper right are links to PWR and BWR exam banks. However, without a background in nuke, you likely won't have an easy time with it. But working with those DOE handbooks and trying to decipher what the questions are asking could prove educational.

Good luck.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

oalsayari

« Reply #28 on: Jun 01, 2011, 06:20 »
Thanks man.  I am on it.

oalsayari

« Reply #29 on: Jun 13, 2011, 02:13 »
I went on the interview and I am told that I have been shortlisted.  Next step is security clearance.  I was interviewed by four licensed SRO's, three of which are Americans and one Korean and two HR personnel. 

flblasted

« Reply #30 on: Jun 13, 2011, 07:14 »
Hope you get it!  If you do be sure to keep us updated, I'm very interested in how other countries do nuke power.

reactorpro

« Reply #31 on: Jun 13, 2011, 10:06 »
The UAE is building a modified System 80+ called Braka Units 1 and 2. Some of the mods are:
50Hz instead of 60Hz, Toshiba Turbine, Higher Backpressure Condensers (Arabia Sea is hot water), Sand Separators on all HVAC Intakes (doubt they will work well), Turbine Building has 9 Chillers for Air Cooling, Safety Injection Tanks have Flow Controllers that give a Rapid Injection for Refill (following Large Break), then a Lower Flow Injection, Higher Flow Circulating Water System, Seawater Bypass System to keep the Delta T down for the hot Circulating Water return to the Sea, Higher MTC Fuel SAFDLS, etc. This is a hot weather plant in a location prone to have blinding sandstorms. I'm not sure why they are gung-ho on building it. I wouldn't want to qualify on that one in the middle of no where - but Good Luck!

M1Ark

« Reply #32 on: Jul 05, 2011, 01:34 »
They aren't even making the decision to build a reactor for about 18 more months..

UAE folks from ENEC will be at my plant all week this week.  I have lunch with them everyday and have a 1 hour one on one interview.  Not sure why they are here or why they are talking to me but it was set up by my station leadership.  They already broke ground in Braqa and real contraction early 2012. They signed a contract in the last 30 days in excess of 5b.  I think the decision has been made.  I'll pm you with details after the week is up BZ.

M1Ark

« Reply #33 on: Jul 06, 2011, 10:20 »
They aren't even making the decision to build a reactor for about 18 more months..

They are breaking ground Oct. 2011. Building 3 simulators... One in the city for LOIT and 2 at the plant for LOCT. BZ you know the hiring manager.  He knows you.

Fermi2

« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2011, 10:26 »
LOL is he one of those who knows me in the sense that he'd gladly shoot me if he had a chance?

Or is he on the other side of the fence and he'd say You're hired Mikey?

How's things out PV way?

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2011, 06:25 »
LOL is he one of those who knows me in the sense that he'd gladly shoot me if he had a chance?

Or is he on the other side of the fence and he'd say You're hired Mikey?

How's things out PV way?
Whaddya mean Mikey? You're the site's teddy bear ;)

Non abrasive and a total hugger, you are!

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #36 on: Jul 07, 2011, 07:29 »
They are breaking ground Oct. 2011. Building 3 simulators... One in the city for LOIT and 2 at the plant for LOCT. BZ you know the hiring manager.  He knows you.

Everyone "knows"  Mike.... Some of us more than others ... LOL... But that is a sea story.

PV, I know a few people out there.

M1Ark

« Reply #37 on: Jul 10, 2011, 05:30 »
I'll wager a buttery cinnamon roll the Emirates ends up building a French design like the Chinese did at Daya Bay, and grabs 20 hot licensed guys out of Germany.

I'll take that wager.

M1Ark

« Reply #38 on: Jul 10, 2011, 05:34 »
Not certain where you got your info from but they haven't rewarded any contracts yet nor have they created any infrastructure yet. If they started prepping the site TODAY the first reactor wouldn't be operating by 2017.

Talked to UAE folks, Mike. Breaking ground October 2011. UAE builds islands, tallest buildings in the world type stuff. There WILL be 4 Reactors by 2020. Not sure if they'll have a staff to run them.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?