Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Petition to Amend 10 CFR Part 26, "Fitness-for-Duty Programs" honeypot

Author Topic: Petition to Amend 10 CFR Part 26, "Fitness-for-Duty Programs"  (Read 2730 times)

happydog58

Pass this one to anyone who you think wants to see a change in the work hour rule.

The Nuclear Energy Institute has petitioned the NRC to amend the work hour rule.
The work hour rule has been in effect for over a year now. This rule has affected all of us. Some may agree with the rule but I think the vast majority disagree with it. Either way, now is the time to let your issues be known.

Here is where you can find the rule changes and comments http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#searchResults?N=0&Ne=11+8+8053+8098+8074+8066+8084+1&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchall&Ntt=NRC-2010_0304

Make your comments to the NRC here http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#submitComment?R=0900006480b75323
The comment period is until 1/5/11. Last time they received very few comments from the worker when the rule was being written. Mostly they heard from anti-nuclear groups and soccer moms.

I would strongly suggest to also email the NRC at ATTN: Rulemakings and Adjudications Staff: Rulemaking.Comments@nrc.gov
My thoughts on changes needed along with the NEI recommendations are:

The elimination of the 34 hours off in nine days or at least changed to 34 hours off in fourteen days.
The 54 hour average needs to be changed to a 60 hour average.

Fermi2

You think the vast Majority disagree? I think not. It's fine just the way it is.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?