Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu waiting period to get an offer  

Author Topic: waiting period to get an offer  (Read 9883 times)

my name is.....

waiting period to get an offer
« on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:19 »
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and trying to get into the nuclear industry. I have a question that hopefully someone may have an idea about.

I interviewed for SOIT at Vogtle with Southern Nuclear about five weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet. Does that mean I won't get an offer and the silence is my decline or should I just hang tight until I hear something wether its bad or good?

I searched around for other posts regarding this but could not find a close enough match to get a definitive answer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

my name is.....

Re: waiting period to get an offer
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:36 »
Hang tight while you look for a job somewhere else.

Thank you Sun Dog, I have been relentlessly searching hours a day and will continue to do so.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:38 »
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and trying to get into the nuclear industry. I have a question that hopefully someone may have an idea about.

I interviewed for SOIT at Vogtle with Southern Nuclear about five weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet. Does that mean I won't get an offer and the silence is my decline or should I just hang tight until I hear something wether its bad or good?

I searched around for other posts regarding this but could not find a close enough match to get a definitive answer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Well Slim,

It could mean you have your answer, or it could mean they haven't made a decision yet.

my name is.....

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:41 »
Well Slim,

It could mean you have your answer, or it could mean they haven't made a decision yet.

I was not ruling that out but hoping for the best.

If I may get YOUR opinion, do you think it is professional to interview someone and then just leave them hanging?

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:48 »
I was not ruling that out but hoping for the best.

If I may get YOUR opinion, do you think it is professional to interview someone and then just leave them hanging?

Yes it is. They gave you an interview, they owe you nothing else. Have you tried contacting them?

my name is.....

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:51 »
Yes it is. They gave you an interview, they owe you nothing else. Have you tried contacting them?

I have not contacted them yet, I was advised by other hiring managers not to. Do you think it would hurt to go ahead and try? I do not want to sound impatient or be pushy and possibly spoil my chances at an offer.

Offline Homer S.

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:59 »
Check your PMs

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:00 »

In MY opinion, after an interview a professional should give closure.
In MY experience, people seldom behave as we wish.  

You get what you get.  You move on.  You don't dwell.  You control what you can control, and don't worry about what you can't control, its a waist of resources.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:04 »

Have you tried calling them? It is your career, go after it. Don't sit around waiting or attempt to play a blame them for not calling you game (not that you are, but your last post made me wonder). Call them immediately upon reading this. Call them tomorrow. Call them every week until you have an answer.

Go after it.

my name is.....

« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:05 »
In MY opinion, after an interview a professional should give closure.
In MY experience, people seldom behave as we wish.  

You get what you get.  You move on.  You don't dwell.  You control what you can control, and don't worry about what you can't control, its a waist of resources.

Thank you for your wise input.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:05 »
I have not contacted them yet, I was advised by other hiring managers not to. Do you think it would hurt to go ahead and try? I do not want to sound impatient or be pushy and possibly spoil my chances at an offer.

I believe after five weeks, a well worded phone call wouldn't hurt.  Something along the lines of: "Hi there, this is Slim Shady.  I interviewed five weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet.  I was wondering if the process was still ongoing, and if I should expect further communications, or if the process has concluded."

After they speak, follow up with: "Thank you for your time and the information, I really appreciate it."

They speak.  You close with: "Gave a good day, good bye."

my name is.....

« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:06 »
Have you tried calling them? It is your career, go after it. Don't sit around waiting or attempt to play a blame them for not calling you game (not that you are, but your last post made me wonder). Call them immediately upon reading this. Call them tomorrow. Call them every week until you have an answer.

Go after it.

Thank you JusintHEMI, I will take it into my hands as much as I can.

Fermi2

« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2010, 12:08 »

Hiring managers are fools. It's YOUR LIFE, YOUR CAREER, are you really going to not push to your fullest to get what you want? You're going to let someone advise you NOT to push your hardest?
I wouldn't hire you because you're obviously too timid to succeed in this industry.

Offline Rock Chalk Jayhawk

• Light User
  • Stay positive, and love your life!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2010, 01:40 »

Go after it.

Couldn't agree more!  I maintained contact with my recruitment rep, and had an offer within 2 weeks from the test and interview. Do it to it!
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

tselby

« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2010, 06:24 »
Couldn't agree more!  I maintained contact with my recruitment rep, and had an offer within 2 weeks from the test and interview. Do it to it!

I have to agree this is your lively hood, take control of it, lots of good advice here be wise is how you word your phone call but make it !!

my name is.....

« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2010, 09:26 »
Thanks all for the advice. I did make phone calls and sent emails. I have also obtained more contacts at other plants and will begin to contact them as well. I have broken my timid shell because of the encouragement from everyone.

I will keep you all updated on my success.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:18 »
I will keep you all updated on my success.

I like that you said success and not progress.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #17 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:20 »
I agree, good choice of words and good attitude! Good luck!

Fermi2

« Reply #18 on: Dec 02, 2010, 01:53 »
Excellent choice of words!

tselby

« Reply #19 on: Dec 02, 2010, 02:45 »
As the others have said good choice,,,,, remember we drive our own success, keep at it and good luck

dtucker89

« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:22 »
Along these lines, can someone provide some contacts for Plant Farley?

I tested there and I haven't heard anything since I did.

-Daniel
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010, 09:23 by dtucker89 »

tselby

« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:32 »
Along these lines, can someone provide some contacts for Plant Farley?

I tested there and I haven't heard anything since I did.

-Daniel

Daniel send me a message I know 2 NPO's and the Operations Manager there, I can help ypu.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?