Facility & Company Information > DC Cook

DRP content

<< < (3/5) > >>

TENN-1:
Atomic,  Reading through the thread, I don't see where your original question was answered.  PM me and I will put you in touch with folks at Cook who might be able to provide the data you seek?

atomicarcheologist:
TENN-1
It's OK.  I'm past dealing with the DRPs from DC Cook, onto other projects.  I was thinking that this might not be too much of a problem for the vast intelligencia which gathers here.  A quick answer was all I was looking for, as I was looking to do a little personal QC on this site's equipment.  It's not that I think there is a problem with the equipment, it's just something I like to do when I am new, bored, and getting bounced around.  No problemo.

Marsimm
A hundred and sixty eight hours?!?  Dang, what are you going to do, disassemble the DRP?  Does this include putting it back together, and would you supply the gluon needed?

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: Marssim on Dec 04, 2010, 10:42 ---Sure, we'll throw in the gluon gratis,... 8)

--- End quote ---

Now, Marssim, be sure when you are mixing that gluon, which can be a little viscous and condensed in ultra-cold weather (I think they call that a Bose-Einstein condensate), that you are sure to dilute that gluon with some of Maxwell's "Luminiferous Ether" ;)

JsonD13:
Well assuming you are "on contact" with the RO-2 (~1 cm since you dont want to touch the particle to the detector), and assuming its Co-60 (probably overestimation of energy), my guess would be if you still had 1mCi, it would overrange the RO-2 at just shy of 13 REM/hr....just my SWAG though since you didn't provide specifics like what nuclides (even if you provide a plant it came from doesnt mean we know what's in it), when the activity was measured (to decay correct), etc.....

If your'e looking more for like a plant mix, I would assume closer to 1 MeV gamma energy (I don't work at a PWR though so I'm not that knowledgable on what they have as an average mix), and roughly divide the dose by 2.5 (total gamma energy for Co-60 rounding yield for both gammas to 100%), which would give around 5 REM/hr.

Oh yeah, that's closed window.

I'd say your instrument would be good if you were within 20% of scale ;-).

Did that help?

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: JsonD13 on Dec 04, 2010, 10:37 ---Well assuming you are "on contact" with the RO-2 (~1 cm since you dont want to touch the particle to the detector), and assuming its Co-60 (probably overestimation of energy), my guess would be if you still had 1mCi, it would overrange the RO-2 at just shy of 13 REM/hr....just my SWAG though since you didn't provide specifics like what nuclides (even if you provide a plant it came from doesnt mean we know what's in it), when the activity was measured (to decay correct), etc.....

If your'e looking more for like a plant mix, I would assume closer to 1 MeV gamma energy (I don't work at a PWR though so I'm not that knowledgable on what they have as an average mix), and roughly divide the dose by 2.5 (total gamma energy for Co-60 rounding yield for both gammas to 100%), which would give around 5 REM/hr.

Oh yeah, that's closed window.

I'd say your instrument would be good if you were within 20% of scale ;-).

Did that help?

--- End quote ---

Are you taking size-of-source versus size-of-detector into account?  

I get similar numbers just eyeballing it as a 6CEN & distance-to-source problem, but an RO2 is a HUGE ion chamber, so will WAY under-respond when put on contact with a point source...

Modified to focus on: taking a contact reading on a DRP with an RO2 doesn't make sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version