Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview Expenses honeypot

Author Topic: Interview Expenses  (Read 7781 times)

dtucker89

Interview Expenses
« on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:13 »
Hello everyone,

Is it a good idea to submit an interview expense form? I am just a little cautious about submitting any request that would cost the utility money. I don't want to scare them off is all.

Daniel

my name is.....

Re: Interview Expenses
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:19 »
I would say it depends on the utility. It is usually stated that they will pay or you will pay prior to the interview from what I have experienced.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:37 »
Of course you should.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2010, 06:32 »
Hello everyone,

Is it a good idea to submit an interview expense form? I am just a little cautious about submitting any request that would cost the utility money. I don't want to scare them off is all.

Daniel

Look at it this way:

A good supervisor knows the money isn't coming out of his/her own pocket...so is more than happy to reimburse the money that did come out of your own pocket.

You don't want to work for the other kind of supervisor anyway, so...win-win!  ;)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

dtucker89

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:03 »
I appreciate the responses. I want to submit an interview expense form due to the 600+ mile drive. That's about $95 in gas for me. Glad you guys cleared that up for me.

Daniel

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:06 »
I appreciate the responses. I want to submit an interview expense form due to the 600+ mile drive. That's about $95 in gas for me. Glad you guys cleared that up for me.

Daniel

Unfortunately, any company that asked you to drive 600+ miles for an interview (instead of flying you in) may fall into the second category of my original reply...  :(
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:53 »
A round trip that costs $600 (figure $0.50/mile) is just stupid business.  It is almost always cheaper to fly and rent a car for any trip over 400 miles.  Not to mention that is is safer to fly than to drive.  They should have specified in advance what the terms for your travel expenses would be.  If they were really on the ball, they would have made the hotel, car, and plane reservations for you and paid for them.

Send in the form.  Frankly, if that expense scares them off just think what it will be like working for them.  Starbucks is the only place for bean counters.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

dtucker89

« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:00 »
It's just an interview for an AO position. I did not think that position would warrant ANY travel compensation. I was figuring that I could get maybe $100 dollars-ish for the round trip.

1. I haven't worked for any utilities previously.
2. The interview is for an AO position.

I think these two facts alone dictate that there is a pretty low budget for the reimbursement of travel fees.

I'd be happy with any reimbursement (refer to 1). I will submit the form, and thanks Beer and Buffalo: the advice is priceless.

-Daniel

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:59 »
Did they give you a reimbursement form?
If so submit it.

Otherwise call and ask BUT you should have discussed this with them prior to the interview.

dtucker89

« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:18 »
They provided me with a form in the email invite to the interview.

-Daniel
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010, 09:24 by dtucker89 »

tselby

« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:41 »
They provided me with a form in the email invite to the interview.

-Daniel

All compnaies that I know of will reimburse your travel expenses, some (Exelon, Progress) will even schedule and pay up front all your costs except for food and tolls...

You should have either received that reimbursement form in an email or when you interviewed as other previous to me have stated get it, submit it, becasue normally you will not see the money (for your travel expenses) for at least 6-8 weeks. An occasional email or phone call to the company HR rep checking on status is ok as well.

Good luck on that interview!!

Intravenous Jager

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?